LegacyGT.com

tune required?

dont waste ur money on an hks bov

spend it on something that your car will actually gain from(a tune)

as far as a tune goes

doing any engine modification its always recommended to tune

the ecu will compensate to an extent.

but the last thing you need is to run lean from the intake and replace your motor

I had an SPT intake prior to getting tuned and she ran like a dog. You're not doing yourself any favor by installing an intake without getting a tune. If done properly, the tune will reduce your likelihood of reliability problems.
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Any intake whether it be AEM, Typhoon, SPT etc. will require a tune because it may make the engine run lean and could create knock and put extra stress on the engine. Most people say that an after market intake is mostly a noise maker and I have to agree because I have a K&N Typhoon intake and I'm not pushing anymore power than a stock counter part. Don't get me wrong I don't regret getting my intake, I love to hear the spool of my turbo and she purrr's real nice when I step on the gas. Basically this is not the way to go for a performance gain.

As for a CBE that does not require a tune and the car will run just fine. An extra 5 hp might come out of it if you do get it tuned but that may be pushing it.

I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

I recently purchased a SPT intake and I thought I needed to do a tune. I called up IAG in MD and they told me for almost every other brand of intake, a tune would be required but since its SPT I wouldnt need one.

He was saying since its made my Subaru, its meant for an easy install with no strings attached. Afterall a tune would void your warranty if you purchased one, they wouldnt sell us Subaru parts if they wanted us to void our warrantys...

Archived