LegacyGT.com

2011 wrx hatch as a replacement for 05 lgt wagon

i am a young fellow and admit i have liked buicks here and there, but to say that i love one or wanna buy one sounds crazy and i see im not the only one either...buddy bought a new lacrosse cxl and that thing is unreal seriously...id NEVER wanna leave that thing..have it wore out in 2 years..any info i come across i read up on the GS..sounds like the pontiac g8 is their benchmark for handling and ride, which is a very good thing, AND theres a switch capable of sending most of the AWDs power to rear wheels for taillout driving!! GM better not screw up and not offer AWD for the GS..^^^IMO the lancer hatch is about as attractive as the honda crosstour..think youd be better off finding a low mileage dodge magnum if you gotta have a wagon unless ur loaded and in that case why not a CTS-V wagon, who doesnt want 556hp in their grocery getter!?

I refuse to buy a car owned by the Chinese. They already build everything else in the world....

I refuse to buy a car with poor reliability, regardless of where it was built and where the parent company is located... China, Germany, USA, Sweden, Japan, Korea, wherever.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with your new car.

I just stumbled onto this thread. I'm in the same boat as most of you. 130,000 miles on my 05GT Wagon. I plan to rebuild the engine next Spring and keep it as long as I can.

Some of the new cars look interesting...but until they are in the showrooms....it all just talk.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...

I'm liking the 2011 WRX 5-door. It's on my shortlist of vehicles I am considering when I turn the Forester back next year.

The 2009 Forester XT has held up very well over the past 25,000 miles. I put more miles on it in two years than I did on the '05 Legacy GT after four years. It's been a great vehicle. I wish it had more power though and an extra gear for better highway fuel mileage. I average about 23 mpg on the highway, and 17 in the city right now.

I know the brand has its share of issues but surprised nobody mentions the 9-3 wagon. You can have a manual, 280hp and all-wheel drive. Don't bother with the sticker price...you can go much lower (I know I did). Very similar to the Buick wagon people seem excited about except you can buy it now.

• 4 months later...

Soooo I bought the 2011 wrx and have been driving it for a few months now. its got nearly 5K on it.

Impressions.... Cheap.

The carpet seems to be made out of an unbacked felt like material. The dash has a nice solid plastic resonance when knocked on. Everything in it is fairly cheap...Road noise is fairly bad, and the not so great stereo does nothing to drown it out. The radio controls are pretty crappy as well.

Driving dynamics -- It's a QUICK lil' bastard. After break in it eats up the LGT, wallows less in corners and has a nice lil' growl out of the exhaust.It transitions quickly with no drama, this is a fantastic driving automobile if lacking some of the class of the old lgt.

Style---- it's pig ugly. everytime I see it I miss the looks of the lgt

Utility--- well, it's a hatch at least. It's no wagon that's for sure....the top (in an effort to appease the drunken stylists im sure) cuts down and lops off a good chunk of usable space. the interior dimensions both front and rear are nearly identical to the lgt.

All in all I feel like it was a good purchase and it's a fine driving auto, but it's just no leggy....

• 1 year later...

It's been a couple of years...

The WRX has 25k on it now. It has developed the legacy dash rattle....

The cheapness is wearing on me and as the suspension has broken in it seems to wallow more in the corners and when pushed under steers heavily. The seats are great for short trips but are murder on the long ones. Perhaps my ass is just 2 years older. I don't know....

The legacy GT has had a number o repairs recently and we are once again on the hunt for a car to replace it with. There are even fewer options now than there were a couple of years ago. She likes the TSX so it looks like we will be picking up the neutered fwd wagon. :(

The TXS wagon is nice but yea they are kind of something you never notice. May be get it in a bright color.

Why not put a couple of grand into the 05 and keep it ? There are some of us fools around who you can share your pain with...;)

It's cheap to keep, tax wise.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Expensive to buy, expensive to fix.

Bmw has a trash interior with painted plastic everywhere. in the hot sun out here the paint becomes soft and turns into a very interesting goop. The doorhandles have the same paint and it comes right off w/ in 20k miles and reveals the wonderful yellowish plastic underneath. The whole interior looks like it belongs in a car costing 20k less. OVERPRICED

Audi A4 Stunning good looks! low on power, nice interior, less space than a wrx in the trunk area (the rear seats don't fold flat either). No S4 wagon option, and even if there were it would be astronomically expensive. did i mention low on power for its weight? Very, very expensive.

On our shores we have

Ford flex really 35k? really? i'd take the audi if i were spending this kind of dough.

Caddy, 40k for the AWD and the 3.6 305hp. 40k did i mention that its expensive. Very expensive.

Buick regal the new one is wow, just wow. All the way around wow. no wagon yet...if they even bring it here. especially with that delicious awd turbo 4 manual shifted drivetrain I mean look at this thing! A buick really??

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/11/buick_regal_wagon_by_taglin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jalopnik.com/5405722/lutz-hints-at-335-hp-buick-regal-gs-wagon&h=516&w=804&sz=99&tbnid=bgw7jcdz84pgeM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbuick%2Bregal%2Bwagon&hl=en&usg=__Zx2i3yswi0W-Y1ZhlBihGt8i3Bw=&sa=X&ei=kRpXTLSLIYjCsAPJo6DaAg&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAw

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0905_2010_buick_regal_drive/photo_05.html

haha, yea that regal is a good looking car, but it needs braces. its teeht, aka grill, are finishing the race a week ahead of the headlights. it needs to be slimmed down and it will be a very cool lookin ride.

Archived