LegacyGT.com

So I'm new to the subaru world. I have just purchased a 2006 legacy N/A. I'm looking to do the rallitek cylinder heads. I was wondering if you have to pull the motor to change them. Also is there any good tunes to add when I change the heads for more HP gains. Thanks for the advice.

After looking at a few How-tos on RS25.com, cylinder head replacement is much easier if the engine is pulled slightly up out of the engine bay, but I think I can recall someone doing it with the engine still in the bay.

If you go over to NASIOC, there are a lot of N/A Impreza guys getting open source tuning done through a company in CT. There are also a few Legacys too. You just need a laptop and the cable to connect to your ECU. I have a set of new rallitek camshafts for the 06 - 09 I was going to install, but I'm not sure if I'll follow through, if you are interested. I don't have the money to do all of this right now.

It seems relatively simple, but there is a chance you could fry your ECU, for instance, if you have your laptop hooked up to the ECU loading a map and the laptop freezes, or if contains any malware, it could ruin your ECU. If I was to go that route, I would try to get a shop to work with the company.

Here is the thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2017329

Welcome! Since nobody bought those Rallitek Heads they moved them to clearance pricing which is good for you with the heads get the upgraded springs, retainers, seals. You will need to tune it very soon after install. You can pull the heads with the block in the car but it is 10x easier with is jacked up (unbolt the mounts) or out of the car.

Thanks for the info on the heads. As for the tune do you have some advice for tuning, what tune to use. Thanks

No off the shelf tune exists but you can easily take it to a good tuner/shop and they can road tune or dyno tune or both tune it fairly quickly. If you knew how to tune you could get a tactrix cable and RomRaider and do it yourself

Archived