LegacyGT.com

Cracked 400+ miles to a tank!

I sure hope I never get >400. I've never even hit 300. Running E85, 100% city driving, and a heavy foot and getting 190-250 miles per tank. Perfect! :)

Feel guilty when I get much past 230 miles per tank... means I haven't been having enough fun.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Feel guilty when I get much past 230 miles per tank... means I haven't been having enough fun.

^That's a really good one. Maybe I should think this way. Just like last night, after exiting an intersection I pushed the car pretty hard and then I said, 'crap I need to stop doing this; here goes a few mpg down the drain again'. Then my wife said: 'dude, you need to live a little'. :eek:

I did 425 cursing around Vermont one day with my 07 LGT Limited Stage 1 5MT AC off... and that was on the same tank I was fuking around on the highway right after I filled up for 10 miles and having the MPG readout be 9mpg before we left... LOL

Once I filled up again I was averaging 38mpg on the roads I was on. Once I hit highway it dropped to 28mpg by the time I got home.

Catalyst, where did you get this Mickey D stage 1 tune for a n/a car? I could really use a ROM to tweak my fiance's Impreza OB Sport... That need some assistance over the shitty tune that comes on it.

I sure hope I never get >400. I've never even hit 300. Running E85, 100% city driving, and a heavy foot and getting 190-250 miles per tank. Perfect! :)

Yeah, but E85 gets 20-30% less mpg than normal. For you, 230 IS 300 (roughly).

Catalyst, where did you get this Mickey D stage 1 tune for a n/a car? I could really use a ROM to tweak my fiance's Impreza OB Sport... That need some assistance over the shitty tune that comes on it.

I gots a GT

"This is an adventure."

On a 2.5i, yea. Not a LGT.

IDK man, I was driving like a granny soo...

I did a granny drive a month ago (set the cruise on 100 km/h and just left it there) from Lethbridge to Edmonton. Pretty much exclusively highway in a stock 10 LGT. There were a few stops in small towns along the way, but:

total km - 573

fuel used - 42.92 liters

Equivalent MPG (US gallons) - 31.4

Estimated range - (70 liter tank) - 934 km, or 580 miles

Well, 580 to empty, call it 500 miles with a bit of reserve.

Going the other way a few days earlier was a different story - headwind, lots of passing, avg speed of ~125-130 kmh, mileage was only 25.5 mpg.

Got 410 on this tank 70%hwy/30%local with a drive to Vegas in 115 degree heat, AC on max going about 80. Mods are Stage 2, 18s on 245/40/18s and on coilovers. Really surprised me as the ride to Vegas from SoCal has a lot of elevation changes.

You guys out west get better fuel than the crap we get on the east coast.

You guys out west get better fuel than the crap we get on the east coast.

Maybe in SOME western states. ACN (Arizona, California, Nevada) get max 91 octane, AFAIK. I would LOVE to get a hold of some good old 93 or 94 from back home (Ontario, although I've seen it in Michigan too).. Then again, maybe CT does get really bad gas, I don't know.. I hear GA gets really nice gas..

I average 22.8 (at least on my mpg reading on the dash) But i typically have about 50 miles left when i refuel and ive gone about 300 miles..

Im running the stage 1 tune from cobb.. maybe i need to get a new tune from a local tuner..

If you can find a station that has regular unleaded fuel rather than that 10% Ethanol garbage, your fuel economy will significantly improve. But, it reduces emissions which is apparently more important.

Maybe, but ethanol boosts octane.. I've always gotten better response/performance from gas with ethanol..

Since when does Octane boost performance unless your knocking like a bastard with less? Octane is simply the fuels ability to resists pre-ignition, NOTHING MORE.

Higher octane fuel burns slower. 93 Octane GAS and 93 Octane E10 is the same Octane level, so regardless of if it has Ethanol in it or not it will be the same Octane level. They don't measure the levels any differently if they have Ethanol in it or not. Ethanol itself yes can acheive a higher octane level, there for in a E100 application you can have a CR of 19:1 and it will run fine. E85 is equivalent to 104 octane.

Read up on Ethanol and why its used. And your butt-dyno may need a re-calibration.

Ethanol is a very high octane fuel, replacing lead as an octane enhancer in gasoline.

Fuels that burn too quickly make the engine "knock". The higher the octane rating, the slower the fuel burns, and the less likely the engine will knock.

When ethanol is blended with gasoline, the octane rating of the petrol goes up by three full points, without using harmful additives.

Adding ethanol to gasoline "oxygenates" the fuel, adding oxygen to the fuel mixture so that it burns more completely and reduces polluting emissions such as carbon monoxide.

Ethanol and ETBE oxygenator, made from ethanol, are much safer than the toxic and polluting MTBE fossil-fuel-derived oxygenator used by oil companies.

There... It is used to bring up the Octane rating of fuel, but only because it replaces the more harmful chemicals they used before... Including lead. They are not going higher than any of the normal octane ratings.

I'm not claiming scientific accuracy. I just know that my butt-dyno feels the car has better response (several cars, actually) when running gas that used ethanol to boost octane vs. others.

I know most people claim Shell is best here out west, but I've always preferred 76. Not sure why. Maybe I need to log and then I'll find out it really isn't better.. I found the same thing back in Ontario with Sunoco 94 (with ethanol)...

:confused: All I have ever read was that CA gas = shit.

This is the truth. California gas is horrible. Its 91, but its got all the additives that CA requires for their air quality. Then add 10+% of ethanol. I just moved to CA(I am in the Navy) from GA and my mpg had dropped significatly. In GA it was 93, without all the CA additives. Still had the 10% ethanol. I was getting 330+ per tank in GA and now in CA I am getting 280ish. Thats a huge drop. CA gas sucks! I cant wait to get out of CA again.

Seeing these numbers are great to know since i am selling my '07 stage 2 protune STi that get 210 miles to a tank if i am lucky. I hope to get a '08-'09 n/a legacy real soon.

you will miss the power of the turbo, however every time you fill up at the station, not have to put premium in or worry about checking all the fluids, you will have a smile on your face. :) I just got 500 miles on the last tank of gas on my '10 2.5i. sure beats the 220/tank I got in my 08 STI. LOL

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

you will miss the power of the turbo, however every time you fill up at the station, not have to put premium in or worry about checking all the fluids, you will have a smile on your face. :) I just got 500 miles on the last tank of gas on my '10 2.5i. sure beats the 220/tank I got in my 08 STI. LOL

I have that Love Hate Relationship with my sti. I will miss the turbo horribly but will love the money that is staying in my wallet from gas and insurance. I like the subaru brand but do not like the motors cracking ringlands so easily.

My dealer is locating me a low mileage used '08-'09 but offered me a new one for $500 over invoice.

Archived