LegacyGT.com

what mods should I get for my 05 LGT

I just bought a 05 LGT last week. Its bone stock right now and i was looking at getting some mods that will be a good gain of hp but wont put a huge dent in my wallet.

I read a few other forums and was thinking about starting with a DP and Cobb Accessport. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Im looking for the best bang for my buck. I heard the catless DP give off a scent and im not sure i want that. What would be the best DP for the most hp gain and not get that scent?

^ x2 on the tactrix cable

Also look into a CNT/ERZ DP great quality at a great price. As for the "scent" you may just want to go the catted route and not worry about it, it not like you will lose any significant horse power.

Since you have an 05' replace your up pipe as well to remove the cat in the pipe and free up some extra HP and to remove the possibility of it breaking up into your turbo. The DP has to come off anyway to get access to the UP.

I'm hungry:bbq:This burger is never gonna cook.

uppipe first and foremost! opens up so much whp, definitely best bang for buck. I did invidia UP then shortly after a catted DP, got it road tuned by 311logan311 and had an increase of 50-70 whp and 40-60 ft lbs of torque (and it's a total sleeper with the stock cbe.

4th gen LGT's absolutely need suspension and braking improvements before any more power is added...so A. better tires, B. brake pads (Hawk HPS or equiv) C. some suspension upgrades (I guess sway bars would be the cheapest/quickest way to get that done).

Then get a VAG-COM cable off ebay or a Tactrix cable and get ahold of Infamous for a remote tune.

An AccessPORT is a great way to quickly, safely and easily modify your car. No need to mess with a laptop or separate cables etc. Just plug the AccessPORT in, select your map and go. You can also tune the car yourself with our FREE tuning software, AccessTUNER Race, or have it tuned by one of the dozens of Protuners around the country!

forum sticker, DUH!

AS far as looks;

Clear your headlights, 05 Headlights looks great with the missing amber

GET HIDS, I went with 4300k,35w. They look really OEM like STi status

Paint your grille, I finished mine matte black. i love it.

Power;

open source for the win

or infamous1!

hogzaust, no power but boxer rumble at the cost of labor and 4 3/8th washers!

I don't have any cats and I don't get much smell. I started with a Cobb AP and really liked the ease of use. Plug and play is cool. Data logging features are great. I ended up getting an AP Etune from Infamous1 (our resident tuner) and ultimately sold the AP and went with a more aggressive road tune. TBE and a tune are going to yield great results and everything you need can be found used in the member classifieds. GL

I was just busting your chops ;) There is no such thing as a Sion. You meant Scion ;)

My favorite Scion quote

February 13, 2009

" I wouldn't put any of our cars as performance vehicles, but they are certainly very customizable" - Adrian Tse, Scion Marketing Director, Nov 25 2007 interview with Motor Trend

I don't have any cats and I don't get much smell. I started with a Cobb AP and really liked the ease of use. Plug and play is cool. Data logging features are great. I ended up getting an AP Etune from Infamous1 (our resident tuner) and ultimately sold the AP and went with a more aggressive road tune. TBE and a tune are going to yield great results and everything you need can be found used in the member classifieds. GL

E-Tank,

Out of curiosity, why did you sell the AccessPORT to go with a more aggressive road tune?

Thanks,

Gary

Archived