LegacyGT.com

Planning a turbo swap....

I'm planning on doing a 06 STi swap into my 98 Legacy 2.5GT wagon in couple of weeks. I've heard from ppl that I would have to do a complete swap. Engine/wire harness, Tranny, Drive line, Axles, and Rear differentials. I would like some help/tips if anybody on here has done the swap before or knows about how to do it.

Yeah, there are tips. Whoever told you you were going to have to swap out all of that consider them correct. Also, consider the wheels. I don't remember the change in the bolt patterns from 04-05 or something like that but unless the old wheels hubs mount up to the new axle splines you're looking at rims, too.

Check into this: STI swap page.

I'm not 100% sure about whether or not the 2.5RS and and Legacy 2.5 GT have a similar wiring harness or not.

Then there is this: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921576&highlight=sti+swap

There is some info on it, you just have to dig a bit. Not many people have done the Legacy to STi swap. Reason I know: I want to do the exact same thing only with a GT Limited. Same year though.

Don't quote me on the wheels though.

Archived