LegacyGT.com

Utah Window Tinting

keithk831

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I think i'm going to have A Touch of Air tint my front windows at the legal limit...$60 isn't bad, and it's only a mile away from my apartment. Then we'll see if I do anything else beyond that. I kinda wish my back windows weren't already tinted...that really drives the price up.

JDMchizad knows what he is talking about.... his friend does a killer job, he has done two of my cars and it is actually rediculous how good he is! He takes his time and does stuff that no other shop will! If you want the best job possible and the most affordable go to him, u can pm jdmchizad or myself for his info!

• 9 months later...

Bringing this thread back to life. I have an appt for Thursday at A Touch of Air. I'm going to do 43% up front, and 20% on everything else. Quoted me at $230. And this was a different person than in my last post about them.

I'm excited to see how it turns out! They need to remove the old tint, so it'll take a day and a half to do.

bake on? I did some reading on this and it seems just like a more expensive and maybe slightly quicker way to do it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you could get it done cheaper somewhere else. Oh and I'll send you over some pics of my car asap.

All my cars have been done at A Touch of Air, Glass and Trim. It is by far the best tint work I've had done--no lines, full coverage, no discoloration, and (generally) no scratching. I recently had a small rock get into the passenger side window of my Lexus and when I rolled it down, it got a small scratch on the inside tint--first time it had happened in 2 years. Took it in and they fixed it for free--hard to beat service like that.

• 2 months later...

You guys who have darker than legal, how do you pass safety inspection? I just bought an 09 from out of state that has 30% on the front, and I'd love to keep it... but I can't find a shop that will look the other way on that extra 10% (43% is legal, but they allow a 3% margin of error/equipment calibration error so you can get away with 40%).

Thanks!

It's hard to find shops that will pass even 30%. That's what I have on my Outback... I have a guy, but he won't pass any of my friends. Since your car is newer, they skip every other year on safety inspection, so you might be ok.

Yeah, the '09 has to be inspected this year... and it has to happen this month. So I need to find a way to get it passed in a week, or start peeling. :(

Just go to Envision and get your fronts swapped out with 40% tint.... legal and dark enough... Tyrell will prolly do it for like $60-$80

hey so where do you guys go to get darker in the front windows?

I use to go to "SUPER TINTS" Off like 9000 S and you head west off the exit and make your 1st right. And it's like there on the east side of the road. Use to go to a guy name Cody and he did all my other cars 5% all around if I paid him cash plus he knew me and I gave him a lot of business.

But I don't know if he's there anymore.

But then to the south of Super Tints there's also Pro Tints like past the Maverick off 9000 S also. but they wouldn't do darker then 50% in front.

My boy works at CAR CONCEPTS and they won't do it for me anymore either.

So where can I get it darker in front?

please let me know or hit me up with a text! would much appreciate it thanks!

801-739-5455

• 4 months later...

I am thinking about tinting the windows on a black '93 SS I just purchased out of state.

I don't want to get hassled by the cops or have problems with safety, so I'm thinking 40% all around is what I will do. But from this thread I see that plenty of you have 40% in the front and go darker in the back.

My question is, when you get a safety inspection, do they just check the front window? Is that how you guys get away with darker in the back? Thanks.

Archived