LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy GT

Brooksie84

Hey guys, newbie here, thinking of purchasing a 2010 Legacy GT limited, Certified, with 8K for around 27,000. I checked out a new one, same options, and can get that one for 28,000. Is it worth it to save a grand, but get the certified warranty? Tough call. Im going to call the dealer tomorrow for the certified GT. It is Black, which I want. Any advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to meeting some new peeps on this site.

yea 1k extra for brand new would be worth it IMO. Especially if you are financing like Jaymesbry mentioned, usually rates are decently higher for a used car vs. a new one.

If you can get them down more then it may be worth it. They likely want to sell you the used one because they are making more on it.

Ben

Thanks for all your input guys. I am very picky, and wanted a black GT, with leather. Those are hard to come by. The deal for the new one that was 28,000 was for a maroon one, when I called today the guy said there was no way he could get me a black one under 30. Atleast not in the tri-state area, and I know he was desperate to sell me a car! So I called the dealership with the certified one for sale and offered him 26, and we called it a day. I pick it up Wednesday. I really wanted a new one but just cant afford it, hopefully the one I bought has an EASY 8,000 miles :) Will follow up with pics! Thank you again.

I think you'll be fine, 8k is not bad and at 26k you got rid of of most of the initial depreciation anyways so that is good and you got the car you wanted. If it still has a warranty, just do a compression test and leak down if you want to know. If those are good then you should be fine.

Congrats!

Ben

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to give an update and let you guys know I bought the Black one last week! Had the Dealer cut the rotors as they were a bit rusty, and the car shuddered while braking at high speeds, but other than that its amazing! Thank you again for all of your advice, looking forward to having this car for many years to come!

Archived