LegacyGT.com

Clunk on sharp pavement steps

BAC5.2

Whenever crossing over a small ledge or drop-off (such as the 1" raised concrete edges at some driveways), there is a hellacious thunk from the front of the car. In fact, it is present over any kind of sharp ledge or step or anything.

It sounds awful, and has done it since new. The dealer suggests no explanation. It's really been bothering me since the rental Kia Spectra I was driving yesterday didn't even clunk like that.

I was thinking it was LCA bushing related, but I'm not sure. I can't imagine mine is the only car that does it. I'm hesitant to swap out the stock rubber bushings for urethane replacements, mostly from an NVH standpoint. I want my car quieter rather than louder. There is too much road noise as it is (which also seems strange. There is significantly more road noise now than there was when the car was new).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Been there done that, 9 out of 10 times on these cars its end links.

I installed Perrins on my car a little while ago. I bought them from my Tuner, Tuning Alliance.com

As for road noise...it's a Subaru...not a BMW.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Fair enough. I think there are a set of Kartboys or Whitelines lying around the shop I might use, if they are the same length as my Outback ones.

I do intend to do some significant sound deadening at some point. Probably going to cover the floor in Damplifier Pro under Luxury Liner Pro by Second-Skin. That arrangement turned a friends Jeep WJ Lexus quiet.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

what are the endlinks doing that causes that clunking sound? i have the same problem with my car when i pull in my driveway. the sharper the turn the harsher the clunk too. Ive checked mine out and they seem fine..

Archived