LegacyGT.com

SoCal: Spring Installation

mk6933

after the pb blaster, I angled allen key so that it was hitting the ground when it rotates, then I lined up the pass through so that I could step/stomp on it to break the nut loose

Since I am usually at someone else house I do not have my air tools. I use a small mallet and basically hit my pass thru wrench. Shock it. That usually breaks it loose. Careful. Not the smartest move, but it works if I dont want to bruise my hand. Otherwise I have a very high tolerance for pain. I have been known to break hands/fingers/etc to get the job done. Gave up a finger just last week.

Considering opening a shop. What do you guys think? Shamar (infamous1) tuning on the dyno and me and my old race team mechanic turning wrenches. Maybe even have RacerX dong product development under the same roof. Pipe Dream or is there enough business?

In an effort to refrain from doing work @ work, here is a pic of what i did!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/marky339/strutnut.jpg

this needs to be sticked! haha jk i appreciate your willingness to hop on MS paint and sketch a how-to.

the strut just sits so awkwardly.. i tried that method but it keeps teetering. oh and also i hear the front strut doesn't have too much load to use a spring compressor.. depending on the type of spring obviously. does anyone know if htechs are mellow enough to by pass spring compressors?

btw sweeet nikes

Almost all are if you weigh around 200lbs. I found that I used to have no problem regardless of brand. Never needed a compressor on an LGT. Now, last three installs, guess what? I lost 60lbs and at 140lbs my skinny arse needs a compressor. If you get one from autozone it is a $50 deposit and refunded when you bring it back Free tool. Use it and it will alleviate some of the pressure on the nut making it easier to remove and re-torque.

Sucks getting old and weak. Really, really sucks. Don't do it kids. Stay young forever.

Archived