LegacyGT.com

Official Word on the Dual Digital Climate Control!

I spoke to a salesman today and apparently the original brochure is wrong! He just got the new updated Pocket Brochure from SOA that states that Dual Digital Climate Control is available on every Legacy EXCEPT Std 2.5i models! So even the 2.5GT Non-Ltd comes with it! Saw it with my own eyes. Only the 2.5i comes with Manual Dial HVAC controls. If you have to double check, call your local dealer and see if they got the updated 'little black legacy book' Its this tiny little binder with the information and its on the LAST page of the Legacy part. Right after the Legacy is the Outback section (in fact the 'Outback' page divot is the last page on the Legacy section)

That's cool to know, thanks. It isn't a deal breaker for me, but the auto setup does look a little more integrated into the dash. I could live with either though, after all, I'm buying the car for it's performance and specs, not it's climate control system. :)

Indeed. My car, my way! :D Same think for manual seats and all the other stuff i'd rather have in a car. Probably the last car I'll be buying before someone else is in my life so better have it my way. ;) Once there is a second half, it might be a good bit harder.

[quote name='Chapel']I spoke to a salesman today and apparently the original brochure is wrong! He just got the new updated Pocket Brochure from SOA that states that Dual Digital Climate Control is available on every Legacy EXCEPT Std 2.5i models! So even the 2.5GT Non-Ltd comes with it! Saw it with my own eyes. Only the 2.5i comes with Manual Dial HVAC controls.[/quote] "Available" implies option status, but then the "even the 2.5GT Non-Ltd comes with it" implies that it is included. So the question is, is it standard on non-Limited GTs? Sorry to be so explicit, it's the journalist in me. :D Kevin

I'm sure it will be coming to with DDCC. The pics seem to have proved that to us thus far, and this is just short of a real confirmation. Not that it matters to me, I could do with or without. As long as it's not a feature I have to pay for, I'll take it. :P

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']You people and your Dual Climate control. Can't there just be one suprise when you get the car? :lol: This seems to be the final frontier, I think this is the only thing that we have not had definitive proof on.[/quote] I guess in the end when we all go to the dealer and see it for ourselves, that's the final proof. I'm glad the controls are there. I'm big on asthetics and to me, the digital controls just work well with the car. But then I'll be tearing the thing apart to install new stuff too so maybe I shouldn't complain. I'm really excited about the regular GT again since that's the one I've been eyeing for a while. Just some custom leather down the road and I'm happy as a bee with a honey pot.

[quote name='gtguy'] "Available" implies option status, but then the "even the 2.5GT Non-Ltd comes with it" implies that it is included. So the question is, is it standard on non-Limited GTs? Sorry to be so explicit, it's the journalist in me. :D Kevin[/quote] Im sorry, It says 'STD' for all cars EXCEPT the regular 2.5i So, yes, its STANDARD on all Legacies except regular 2.5i

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']Custom leather hey? You looking at something with some sauce to it? Colored inserts perhaps? That would look awesome.[/quote] Nothing too fancy. But I would like either a name or logo embroided to the seat. I've been looking at [url]http://www.leatherseats.com/[/url] for some ideas and the two-tone leather looks interesting.

[quote name='axis008']I just went to Irvine Subaru today. I sat in an Atlantic Blue Pearl 2.5GT Legacy NON-Limited. It has dual climate control! I didn't even notice until the sales person told me.[/quote] I did the same thing. Except I had to point this out to the salesperson that was working with me. I asked if it was only the wagon that had it (because I had heard rumblings of that) but he was never fully able to answer me. I was going to post a thread on this exact topic this morning. This now makes the non-LTD a hell of a deal in my book if you ask me, and that is the car I am going to be getting with custom leather down the line. Oh and further along in the day I will post some interesting observations from my test drive which may suprise some people. Lata!

Archived