LegacyGT.com

JDM fog light problem????

What is going on with my fog lights!! I keep getting a white powdery substance in them. What ever it is, it's stopping the light from coming out of them. Any of you ever had this problem? It's like a thin coating all over the inside of them.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-54.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-53.jpg

I'm not following the question...there's a powdery substance on the inside of the lens itself? it looks like a set of standard jdm fogs to me (I know that doesn't help, but I've never had this problem)...I wouldnt' take off the housing without figuring out exactly where it's coming from. does it keep on turning up?

Yeah it keeps coming back. I cleaned it out twice already. In the pick the lights are off. See how they look white? That's all that powder stuff inside. I have take the bulbs out and wrap a piece of damp paper towel around a screw driver with some tape To clean it. I have no idea what is dousing this. It's not on the bulbs at all. Just stuck to the housing.

wait...the lights are off??

that's not good at all...is there any part of the housing that looks white that might be flaking off? is the seal of the fogs compromised for any reason (either at the back where you put the bulb in, or the actual lens seal)?

I think it is the bulbs. Too hot!!! I pulled the lights out last night to clean them. The plastic on the bulbs was melted!! 3000K 55w HID's. The housing must be too small for the amount of heat they give off. I just ordered some 2500K H3 standard halogen bulbs. Hopfully that fixes my problem. It takes forever to clean that shit out of there.

I don't think it's the kit. It's the heat. I have the same kits for my low and high beams. The kits are great. There about a year old and I've never had a problem. Other than the cocaine in my foglights. Anyway they came from vvme.com my friend turned me on to them. I think they were 120.00 for all 3 kits shipped.

I got them today. I like it. The actually seem to throw more light. H3 hid's have a longer bulb. I think because the halogen sits further back in the housing more light is reflected forward. I'll stick with halogens in the fogs. I Got nokya 2500K's off eBay for 13.00 shipped.

Archived