LegacyGT.com

whats the most info you can tell me about this.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap. i see we made some progress. what can i do to help. More pics. need a less close up pic? with a arrow to show where it is.

and hell i would delete these systems all together. im trying to getting ALL the power out of my 2.5. all. with out turbo. anyone know if intake spacers from a wrx will fit. 8.5mm think but the layout might not match. or post a link of ones that will fit.

most power without going turbo is intake, exhaust, higher spark ignition system, megasquirt. its not gonna be cheap just so you know. power is expensive. think of it like this, every 10hp is gonna cost you about 100 bucks. and that doesnt include drivetrain parts to compensate for extra power.

no, that doesn't make sense at all. The AC isn't working any better/harder just cause the output of the engine goes up.

its more rotating mass. it makes perfect sense. its about a 10:1 ratio on removeing rotating mass vs mass in general. you should know that. thats why you get lighter wheels. lightened pullys. lightened drive shafts. cranks and pistons. steering wheels!!! volume knobs for gods sake. EVERY OUNCE COUNTS!!

I don't remember ever mentioning pcv. And my intake does use the stock egr. Never did I say it didn't.

And that picture is of the egr solenoid. Not egr valve. And alot of egr valves have a rubber tube going to them. It's a vacuum line.

+1, it's the EGR Solenoid Valve

its more rotating mass. it makes perfect sense. its about a 10:1 ratio on removeing rotating mass vs mass in general. you should know that. thats why you get lighter wheels. lightened pullys. lightened drive shafts. cranks and pistons. steering wheels!!! volume knobs for gods sake. EVERY OUNCE COUNTS!!

So as HP goes up A/C compressor mass goes up?

poll: by the part or buy the parts to bypass/eliminate the system?

rip it out or go to a parts store and get it for like $30 or find a used one online or at a u-pull-it

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

look at it like this. a normal man may think 20 pounds is easy to move. while a stounger man would think its a feather. remove the 20 pounds.... now who is gonna notice it more?

thats a horrible way to explain it. unless you know physics like the back of your hand.

and on to the solenoid. what do i gotta to remove it? filters? plugs?

poll: by the part or buy the parts to bypass/eliminate the system?

no "parts" needed to eliminate the egr system. just remove the system and make some block plates for everything you removed. then you just need to find someone to remove the cel codes that are gonna be thrown.

thats all. and all the egr system does is recycle air that is of lower quality? so i remove the copper pipe, the part i broke. and the two parts above it. and seal off everything.

better mileage right? and preformance

It actually dumps any un burned fuel in the exaust into the intake. Kinda like recycling your exaust. Little if any improvement. It won't pass inspection like that. At least in ny it won't. But yeah that's it. Just block everything off to bypass it. You don't need to buy anything.

It's hard to say. You'll just have to try it. It's not gonna make any big difference either way. It doesn't flow alot of exaust through there anyway. If it was my car I'd just fix it. Give it a shot though. You never know maybe you'll pick up a mile per gallon.

so whats this big deal on emissions. and passing it. how does one fail emissions. do you like have to bad your car in every 5 years or what. or does the sticker just help sell the car?

just unplug it. it will be non functioning. no need to remove the piped except for weight i guess. no performance increase will be had. no fuell economy will be gained or loss. combustion temperatures will go up at cruising speeds and your nox emissions will go up.

the egr only functions between 2500 and 3500 rpm on light loads. aka driving on the highway at a consistent rpm. the egr valve remains closed at idle, high rpm and at high loads.

Archived