LegacyGT.com

Very loud engine

Hey guys,

My engine has recently gotten very very loud, and there is a bad ticking noise as well. I happened pretty suddenly. It almost sounds like I have a full exhaust on it, but it is stock. Any ideas what it could be?

I am working on uploading a soundclip now. It has me pretty stressed out.

Thanks!

I don't believe I have an up pipe. It's an NA engine?

I think its a cracked header. I am going to pull the heat shield off tomorrow and check. Is it damaging to the engine to drive with a leak right there for another week? I can have new headers on it by next weekend.

get some UEL headers. if you can. and plus you wont have those heat shields then

when my headers broke it was ear peicing loud. like the loudest car in school. it would turn the heads of deaf people.

Dude cracked header = exhaust leak. Do yourself a favor and go to a little mom&pop muffler shop and have them check out your leak. It may be a $20 fix with a welder. I appreciate and support your enthusiasm to mod but I think you might be able to take care of this on the cheap if you are looking to do so.

If not... MOD MOD MOD!!! :lol:

I don't believe I have an up pipe. It's an NA engine?

I think its a cracked header. I am going to pull the heat shield off tomorrow and check. Is it damaging to the engine to drive with a leak right there for another week? I can have new headers on it by next weekend.

didn't catch the NA part. Yeah, cracked header or blown header gasket. It's fine to drive as long as you aren't flooring it everywhere.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived