LegacyGT.com

5MT rebuilds? who does them?

SubaruFanatic

I have money that says anyone who breaks a PPG set had them incorrectly installed. Or they didn't know how to drive. And I hate to break it to you but a 6spd swap is easily 3-4K more when done correctly. Between a used trans, axles, rear diff, new clutch, flywheel, and misc. it's a lot more.

will a stock clutch not fit up to the 6mt tranny? i'm going to be putting in a new clutch this week. Also does anyone know the gear set ratio on the 6mt? I believe that 5mt is 411 correct?

will a stock clutch not fit up to the 6mt tranny? i'm going to be putting in a new clutch this week. Also does anyone know the gear set ratio on the 6mt? I believe that 5mt is 411 correct?

You need a clutch for a 6MT. The 5MT clutch will not work. Not sure of the 6MT final ratio? Correct, 5MT final ratio is 4.11.

i just fried my stock clutch the car has 91000 miles on it, its an 05, i an a dual xo2 exhaust, catless downpipe, catless uppipe, k&n typhoon intake system. kart boy short shifter, ej257 intake manifold, 70mm throttle body, and stock turbo tuned to 17psi, i need a new clutch kit and new flywheel i was looking at the spec stage 2plus and aluminum flywheel, i figured $1000 not too bad because its my daily driver and im low on cash. also what size injectors should i put on? and what kind of fuel pump? thanks.

I found a 5mt out of a 2002 wrx that needs rebuild. I am worried I will break my tranny because of power and the way I drive. So I was wondering if a 2002 5mt would fit an 05 lgt first off and second, could I also make this a 6speed? Anyone know who does them?

You need a clutch for a 6MT. The 5MT clutch will not work. Not sure of the 6MT final ratio? Correct, 5MT final ratio is 4.11.

oh that would figure that it wouldn't work..... like i said before maybe i'll just change the gear ratio. I'm not going to but this new clutch use it for a little then swap to a 6 speed and do the clutch all over its to expensive.. Guess I'll just stay were i'm at for now.

Archived