LegacyGT.com

My New Black GT Limited.

She is finaly here!! Thanks guys for putting up with all my rants and raves.

She had a rough first night though. We are haveing some crazy rain here in Richmond. So, her first night and her AWD was put to the test.

I picked her up with 9 miles..and now I have 60+..I will post my first nights observations later.

1192793558_DSC01119(Medium).JPG.bd3145ea7e42ee0c77408eb70b0189c3.JPG

1153290800_DSC01118(Medium).JPG.c284511bdb1d2971b529a4c03a07ffed.JPG

1848457677_DSC01117(Medium).JPG.dad20d07dd2d18f9288657d505702ea3.JPG

1864334271_DSC01116(Medium).JPG.6ebdfce998d4ced17c252598c3ed9acf.JPG

1597585407_DSC01115(Medium).JPG.89017938094974d172386623576d5178.JPG

Now, my first nights observations. One, the little trip computer is cool. But, it keept on changing the distance to empty for gas..first it would say 190 miles..then 250..so I guess it takes some learning. Two..the passager side airbag...it seems to turn itself on and off when it please...is it weight sensitve?? The motor sounds awsome. I thought it wouldn't have the same growl like the STI does..and you can here the turbo spooling.. SWEET STUFF.. I have been keeping it under 4k..but still plenty of power. Very happy! Can't wait till my Short shifter comes and my new tires!!

[quote name='B4_Maniac'] Two..the passager side airbag...it seems to turn itself on and off when it please...is it weight sensitve?? [/quote] IIRC I read somewhere that it is weight sensitive - best to check with the dealer though.

[quote name='racerdave']Looks awesome!! While I have to say I'd never own another black car personally, that looks outstanding!! :) Oh, except for the dealership sticker...[/quote] Don't worry..all the badges except for the Legacy badge on the back are coming off.

[quote name='SUBE555']It's a sedan, bleh. :lol: j/k Nice car. Can't wait for mine. I think we should have a contest, who can do their break-in in the fewest days. :mrgreen:[/quote] At the rate I am going I think I will get there by the end of the week :o ...50 Miles in 3 hours...hmm..this car is great!

My dealer told me the passenger seat belt sensor and the passenger air bag are monitored by weight. Congrats on your new GT. Seat belt sensor keeps on going off if you don't have your seat belt on. Kind of annoying.

CONGRATS!!! What are your thoughts on the Obsidian Black Pearl? I had never really noticed the nuances of the color before I took delivery of my GT Ltd. Wagon, but I love the way it changes from black to greenish depending on the sunlight.

Congrats and thanks for sharing the photos. Is there any way you could post pictures of the headlight beam pattern? A lot of folks want to know just how good the projector beam headlights are given that they aren't HID. Ken

[quote name='Ken S']Congrats and thanks for sharing the photos. Is there any way you could post pictures of the headlight beam pattern? A lot of folks want to know just how good the projector beam headlights are given that they aren't HID. Ken[/quote] I can and I will. Too bad this is like the rainiets week in the month... But, I will get those pics up tonite. The seat belt chime is annoying. I must pull that fuse. Some one post a wireing diagram!!

For the record, I hate everyone who has their new Legacy before mine...everyone. But particularly Ian, who has a silver wagon. Just kidding, all! Congratulations on the new ride. It's really great to see people getting them in their hands, and hearing all of the effusion. I should have a few weeks to go, probably beginning of July is the latest update, which, like my WRX, would fall squarely between the 4 to 6-week time frame that my dealer said. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']For the record, I hate everyone who has their new Legacy before mine...everyone. But particularly Ian, who has a silver wagon. Just kidding, all! Congratulations on the new ride. It's really great to see people getting them in their hands, and hearing all of the effusion. I should have a few weeks to go, probably beginning of July is the latest update, which, like my WRX, would fall squarely between the 4 to 6-week time frame that my dealer said. Kevin[/quote] Thanks Kev! Don't worry you will have your's soon and you will LOVE IT!!! 05 Legacy= :D

Congrats maniac! Now we don't have to hear all the whining about your dealer screwing you over! :lol: Anyway, nice color choice, the black looks rich. It makes me think of opting for black, but I probably won't have the time to wash it everyday!

Archived