LegacyGT.com

Drove a Tesla Roadster Last Weekend...

I took a Tesla Roadster for a spin over the weekend. http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/johnnymack73/0702001944.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/johnnymack73/0702001945.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/johnnymack73/0702001955.jpg

Impressions?

Pros: Amazing that its electric. Super quiet. I'm 6'3", 210 LBS and I fit perfectly in the car, but getting in and out was a huge pain in the ass. Amazing acceleration (my butt dyno puts it very close to a stock STi) and handling. I got a ton of looks from people and had to tell them "I don't know, its not mine." I don't think I used the brakes once, the minute you let off the accelerator, its begins stopping itself (has to do with being electric and how it recharges itself while running).

Cons: Price tag- $100K+. Automatic. No rowing through the gears. No engine/exhaust noises. Way too quiet! Steering wheel was small and felt a little wierd, not sure why.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, great experience. Nice acceleration for an electric car.

I think they should be a few ticks faster 0-60 than an STi. I see them around Denver a fair amount, and I always think they look fun to drive. Then again, anything looking like an Elise looks fun to drive. ;)

I also LIKE that they're quiet. First Tesla I saw was downtown and I saw a car quickly scooting away from a light, but I didn't hear it. That was what caught my attention at first!

I think they should be a few ticks faster 0-60 than an STi. I see them around Denver a fair amount, and I always think they look fun to drive. Then again, anything looking like an Elise looks fun to drive. ;)

I also LIKE that they're quiet. First Tesla I saw was downtown and I saw a car quickly scooting away from a light, but I didn't hear it. That was what caught my attention at first!

LOL. Yes, its faster than an STi. And the "quiet factor" was a pro and a con. I like noise!!

Let me know when it has a range of 350-400 miles and can be completely recharged in 5-7 minutes just about anywhere, and doesn't lose the chemical ability to hold a full charge over time. Until then it is just a toy. A heavy, expensive toy.

Or you can buy a Lotus Elise and have $53K+ left on you wallet. The Lotus is only slightly slower on acceleration.

Nothing a blower and more boost can't fix, and unlike the dildo-mobile er... I mean Tesla, when you take your Elise to the track you can actually maintain full performance for more than a few laps. Amazing! :lol:

Where the hell have you been counselor? I see you are absent from the PA, don't care to defend Barry at this time?

Got tired of the hypocrisy of the members. When your opponents can't answer simple questions honestly about their obvious motives (fj and dR), why would I think that anyone can answer political questions remotely honestly? Answer: I couldn't, so I gave up on it. As a fellow law student once said it class, it's all intellectual masturbation anyway. :lol:

So instead I spend my time looking for a f*cking job. Fat lot of good that's done me, however! :spin:

Not yet. I will take a job in anything at this point. Might have to get a FT crud job and a PT, too.

Are you still laid off Penguin?

No I found some work with the US Park Service back in February doing a cave lighting project at Wind Cave National Park. Got paid to go caving and spend lots of time off trail running shots of wire, and then installing lights, wiring them up etc. Then I got recalled to the RR just as we finished up the last tour and got the emergency escape stairway all wired up. If that hadn't happened we were slated to switch over to the west boundary fence for the rest of the summer into early fall.

I've been back to the RR now for about a month or so, and was pretty busy for awhile but now it has slowed down a bit. Looks like I might see that west fence after all, if only for a short time. Which is a bit odd because the pay period from the middle of June to the beginning of July I manged to turn and burn pretty good (so good I was forced to take mandatory days off) and made a bit over $3800 in two weeks (pretty good out here). This pay period has been sllllooooooooooowwww, for some reason. :spin:

No I found some work with the US Park Service back in February doing a cave lighting project at Wind Cave National Park. Got paid to go caving and spend lots of time off trail running shots of wire, and then installing lights, wiring them up etc. Then I got recalled to the RR just as we finished up the last tour and got the emergency escape stairway all wired up. If that hadn't happened we were slated to switch over to the west boundary fence for the rest of the summer into early fall.

I've been back to the RR now for about a month or so, and was pretty busy for awhile but now it has slowed down a bit. Looks like I might see that west fence after all, if only for a short time. Which is a bit odd because the pay period from the middle of June to the beginning of July I manged to turn and burn pretty good (so good I was forced to take mandatory days off) and made a bit over $3800 in two weeks (pretty good out here). This pay period has been sllllooooooooooowwww, for some reason. :spin:

I'm really glad you guys got to catch up in this thread! Yay! PM's work great! :lol:

Archived