LegacyGT.com

mpg question

hey everyone im stage 2 and i thought that i was getting absolute crap for mileage so i filled up last week and reset the trip odometer to see how far i could go. i did some highway driving and for most of the time it said my avg. mpg was at least 24, 25.5 being the highest, and my light just came on as i hit 300 miles......am i just paranoid or should i be getting more miles out of my fillup? and i dont drive like an asshole either :lol:

hey everyone im stage 2 and i thought that i was getting absolute crap for mileage so i filled up last week and reset the trip odometer to see how far i could go. i did some highway driving and for most of the time it said my avg. mpg was at least 24, 25.5 being the highest, and my light just came on as i hit 300 miles......am i just paranoid or should i be getting more miles out of my fillup? and i dont drive like an asshole either :lol:

I get 25.5-27.5, according to the clock/temp/mpg display, and I'm stock...:confused:

I'm at stage one and have gotten 30 mpg at certain times. But last Fall I got a better (safer) map from Tuning Alliance and the best I can get is 27 or 28 for that same stretch of road. I still average 22.0-22.8 (on the dash) we know that lies for normal driving.

I have 128,000 miles running 16 psi for the past year.Stage 1 since Dec 04

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I always get the feeling that when I drive an AT the fuel consumption is considerably higher.

Then go drive a dual-clutch auto. They kick a manuals but in terms of fuel economy.

OP: It depends on where/how I drive, but at stage 2 down here in southern NY I'm averaging 20-21.

Archived