LegacyGT.com

Strut replacement

Tmemz

I just recently bought the ebiach pro kit from msi and have been happy with them on the stock suspension until the other day. Apparently my rear struts are going, they bounce like crazy just recently over any little bump. I am not looking to spend crazy amounts of money but was wondering if i should just get a set of rear kyb's or something else not as expensive.

If I was to do it somewhat cheap, but with performance in mind (considering you have the springs) I'd get the Koni inserts. Personally I am going to try and get the money for the Bilsteins.... but the struts + tophats + other gear gets pricey.

T

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I went through the same decision. By the time you get Koni's and Spec B top hats and springs and the install, for an extra 150-200 you can get BC coil overs. A lot less hassle to install everything and coil overs are way more fun

i dont plan on getting coil overs other wise that would have been my 1st decision. The Msi kit's main purpose it to go with the stock suspension. Therefore i am prob going to get a pair of kyb rear struts and call it a day. Plenty of people on here have that same set up

• 5 weeks later...
The more I read about reactions to these springs, the more I lean away from the Bilstein HDs and toward a full set of KYB GR2s.

Besides........they're a lot cheaper. :D

On product to cost ratio...sure, cheaper by any means.... The last time I bought a Japanese made KYB 's were silver in color. (not for my LGT) It is getting harder to find a Japanese made KYB's...I have not tried any USA made KYB's yet ....You will notice that LGT's shockers are black ..made in USA....

Archived