LegacyGT.com

EcuFlash Not Working After Windows 7 Install

KyLegacy 2.5GT

• 9 months later...
Which drivers are you guys using? I think this is the last one I installed under Win7 64bit and everything works beautifully.

www.crimetank.com/misc/CDM20602.zip

Thanks for the link!

I see in the folder for the drivers though that there's i386 and AMD64. Is i386 just for intel 32 bit or 64 also? Or would the AMD drivers work? I have a 64-bit Intel CPU.

EDIT: I read elsewhere that the AMD64 drivers are the one to use in general for 64-bit

i386 = 32-bit

AMD64 = 64-bit, including most Intel 64-bit systems.

Intel does (did?) make 64-bit systems that aren't AMD64-compatible, but I don't think you'll see those in anything but servers.

I'm using an OpenPort 1.3 cable with Windows 7, but my OS is 32-bit.

I'm pretty sure that the VAGCOM cable is equivalent to an OpenPort 1.3.

I talked to some people at work today and they think it may be from having the 64bit operating system. Keith, which Windows 7 are you running? I am running the 64bit Professional.

Is anybody else using Windows 64bit?

I'm running 7 x64.. and VAG-COM from m sprank with no problems. It could be a driver issue.

I don't know why, but ecu flash wouldn't work when i used the Vag-Com cable. When I purchased the Openport 2.0, it worked flawlessly. I remember hearing that they designed the new ECU flash to not work with vag-com cables. There was a file that you could download to make it work, but the program doesn't work properly with windows 7. Hope this helps.

Archived