LegacyGT.com

OEM Replacement Shocks '05 GT LTD?!

I am looking for an OEM replacement shock (set) for my '05 GT Sedan. All I have found so far are KYB's (budget friendly) or High Perf. Biltsteins (outstanding perf. with an outrageous sticker price to match). Anyone have any affordable recommendations in the $50-100 / shock price range? And good place to look for them?

KYB GR2 are a good stock replacement, they are typically about 10% stiffer than stock. I had them on my WRX and they were very satisfactory. I would check the vendors here or NASIOC to see if anyone offers a discount.

I'd skip the Gabriels, based on experience from admittedly a while back. Floaty.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Any auto parts store will have something.

Most any tire retailer will have something to install.

Any Monroe Shock place will have something.

Sears.

Pep Boy's

ETC....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd skip the Gabriels, based on experience from admittedly a while back. Floaty.

I can't disagree with you really. My stockers were kinda bad, but the gabriels weren't really a huge improvement. Probably the cheapest though.

I'm looking for shocks too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would need front left strut, front right strut, and 2 rear shocks right?

Shocks/struts. Most people don't really know or care about the difference.

Just tell the guy or girl at the auto parts store that you need shocks for your car. They'll do the rest.

I could be wrong but I think we have 4 shocks. See I really don't care either.

If your looking to gain performance go with coil overs.

If not there all about the same.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived