LegacyGT.com

Clutch/ flywheel suggestions.

AWDpower

I need to replace a failing throwout bearing, so I'm changing the clutch while I'm at it. The car is just shy of 100k miles, and stock for now. I plan on doing some upgrades, but I'm not planning on much more then 300hp. It's not likely to see the track, as I've got three other cars to choose from for track duty. I may autocross it a time or two. The car is my daily driver/ work/ family car. That said, I've hated the stock clutch since it was new. I've done some research, and it looks like the ACT HD Street Clutch is the way to go. I'm having a hard time deciding between the WRX flywheel or the lightweight ACT flywheel. The stock flywheel makes heel and toeing a chore, sapping much of the fun out of the car. I've read that the engine is much more responsive with the lightweight flywheel. How about the WRX flywheel, is there a noticeable difference over stock? Should I be concerned about the lightweight flywheel throwing a check engine light? That would be a deal breaker. I live in CA, and don't want to worry about a flywheel causing me to fail a smog check. I also drive a lot for work, about 35,000k a year lately. Driveability is important, but I don't consider the stock set up to have good driveability. Any other options that I may be missing? The best price I've found so far was $885 at Fred Beans, any other deals out there? The only expirience with ACT clutches I had was with DSMs. I've installed and driven many of them, mostly ATC 2600's. They seemed very inconsistant from car to car, and were pretty heavy. The HD street is closer to the ACT 2100, correct?

Thank you,

Jason

Spec is who you want to talk with and buy from.

Don't waste your time and money on anything else.

I love my 2+, over 55,000 miles on it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The ACT HD combined with the ACT LWFW will not cause a check engine light. We have sold hundreds od those combo's & installed plenty here in our own shop as well.

The ACT + the WRX SMFW is definetely a more popular combo for us, but the ACT LWFW will not cause any lights, etc.

Feel free to call us & discuss other options as well if you like.

& yes, we can offer the lowest price & fastest turn around.

I need to replace a failing throwout bearing, so I'm changing the clutch while I'm at it. The car is just shy of 100k miles, and stock for now. I plan on doing some upgrades, but I'm not planning on much more then 300hp. It's not likely to see the track, as I've got three other cars to choose from for track duty. I may autocross it a time or two. The car is my daily driver/ work/ family car. That said, I've hated the stock clutch since it was new. I've done some research, and it looks like the ACT HD Street Clutch is the way to go. I'm having a hard time deciding between the WRX flywheel or the lightweight ACT flywheel. The stock flywheel makes heel and toeing a chore, sapping much of the fun out of the car. I've read that the engine is much more responsive with the lightweight flywheel. How about the WRX flywheel, is there a noticeable difference over stock? Should I be concerned about the lightweight flywheel throwing a check engine light? That would be a deal breaker. I live in CA, and don't want to worry about a flywheel causing me to fail a smog check. I also drive a lot for work, about 35,000k a year lately. Driveability is important, but I don't consider the stock set up to have good driveability. Any other options that I may be missing? The best price I've found so far was $885 at Fred Beans, any other deals out there? The only expirience with ACT clutches I had was with DSMs. I've installed and driven many of them, mostly ATC 2600's. They seemed very inconsistant from car to car, and were pretty heavy. The HD street is closer to the ACT 2100, correct?

Thank you,

Jason

Archived