LegacyGT.com

Best lower spring for Bilsteins?

LegacyDan

Just wondering what people recommend to pair with standard JDM Bilsteins. Im currently lowered 40mm on Tein S-techs but want to try something different. I think the Teins are a bit hard and maybe a bit low at the rear with the 18's and can be a bit noisy over uneven surfaces. Was looking at the STI pinks. IS there any other springs i should be considering that will fit the jdm Bilsteins on a 2005 ?

Check out the chart on post#11 of this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/which-springs-my-blisteinsi-66368.html?t=66368&highlight=%22bilsteins+swifts%22

It's a good comparison of the different springs available. I can say that I just put wagon Pinks on Bilstein HDs and I am super happy with the set up. Just got it aligned today and the car feels great.

might have an opportunity to swap my Tein S-techs with a set of pinks, off a guy i know locally with a jdm Legacy. Would i be crazy not to swap? i would be raising the car 25mm if im understanding the heights. 15mm vs 40mm

Yes you would be crazy not to swap. S-techs are not a performance oriented spring and are mainly meant for slamming the car (the "S" stands for style). While pinks are a great performing spring with less drop, which will make your struts happier.

Yes you would be crazy not to swap. S-techs are not a performance oriented spring and are mainly meant for slamming the car (the "S" stands for style). While pinks are a great performing spring with less drop, which will make your struts happier.

might try and convince him so to swap! He was looking to get a set of Teins anyway. we could probably get them swapped over in afternoon

Archived