LegacyGT.com

Is it just me or does AP Stage 1 reduce throttle response?

I have an '08 Spec.B stock and using the Cobb AP for Stage 1. Warranty expiring and want to do next step. Was thinking of the Cobb Downpipe and have a few questions for the resident experts:

- Will the Cobb SS 3" DP give a decent performance improvement?

- Will it mate with the stock exhaust?

- Is it better to replace the exhaust as well at the same time as the DP?

- Any benefits from keeping the stock downpipe and just putting on a new exhaust (e.g., Subie's SPT exhaust)?

Tks a ton!!!!

What part of IL are you from? I have a catted Invidia downpipe that I'm looking to get rid of in favor of a catless DP, once I figure out my engine issues. You can realistically use any downpipe you choose, as long as you get a 3" flange to bolt any aftermarket DP to the OEM exhaust. Any DP will give you about the same amount of gains, and it's quite a bit over stock. No major benefits to just replacing the CBE other than sound, especially if you go with a 3" DP and a stock sized CBE.

Although the difference is small, there are gains in choosing the right DP. I changed from a COBB Catted to an Invidia catted and felt a small difference.

Bac5.2- Your ride should not be giving you major hesitation even in the heat wave we have been thru (less power yes). My stock Cobb tune pulled timing considerably in the heat but was greatly improved when Infamous massaged the tune.

I have an '08 Spec.B stock and using the Cobb AP for Stage 1. Warranty expiring and want to do next step. Was thinking of the Cobb Downpipe and have a few questions for the resident experts:

- Will the Cobb SS 3" DP give a decent performance improvement?

- Will it mate with the stock exhaust?

- Is it better to replace the exhaust as well at the same time as the DP?

- Any benefits from keeping the stock downpipe and just putting on a new exhaust (e.g., Subie's SPT exhaust)?

Tks a ton!!!!

- Yes

- Yes

- Doesn't matter

- Not really

Update:

After putting more miles on the car I find the throttle response is back. I think the ECU was only getting used to it.

Power is now more usable and the shutter around 3000 is gone. Only problem that remains is the rough idle.

i can def say it hasnt drastically improved but from what everyone is saying i guess we just have to give the car some time to adjust and calibrate.

if there isnt any noticable difference... worst case scenario, we can always just sell it? get some actual engine mods...

I say you just go stg 2 :) im sure the throttle response will be quick after that ;)

DO IT!

Archived