LegacyGT.com

SI-Drive just controls the throttle mapping on the car. In "I" mode, if you floor the gas, you'll only get 70% throttle at the engine. In "S" mode, it drives like a normal car. and in "S#", you'll get WOT without needing to floor the gas peddle.

Since it's just a throttle mapping, many will call it a gimmick - with a little right-foot modulation, you can get the same effect. :)

SI-Drive just controls the throttle mapping on the car. In "I" mode, if you floor the gas, you'll only get 70% throttle at the engine. In "S" mode, it drives like a normal car. and in "S#", you'll get WOT without needing to floor the gas peddle.

Since it's just a throttle mapping, many will call it a gimmick - with a little right-foot modulation, you can get the same effect. :)

Right idea, but the numbers are slightly off.

In "I" mode you have a maximum of about 40% of engine power I believe it is. Throttle inputs are delayed and it cuts off at something like 40 or 50% throttle. So at WOT the throttle is only open 40-50%.

In "S" mode the car drives like normal. For every 1 degree you open the throttle you get 1% of power. With the pedal pushed half way, you have 50% of the throttle being opened.

In "S#" mode the response is doubled. For every degree you press the pedal, you get 2% of the throttle opened. This effectively means you are at full throttle even if you only have the gas pedal pressed half way.

I used to use "S#" when the car was stock and stage 1, but now that I'm at stage 2 "S#" has just become way too aggressive and jerky.

Archived