LegacyGT.com

Brake pad replacement

optyks

Anyone either know how to replace brake pads or know a place with decent prices who would install pads for a reasonable price?

If someone helps I'd obviously pay compensation.

^+1

Had to resurface my rotors as well, as long as they are within specs you can get them done at most auto parts stores pretty cheap. Swapping pads is easy, but bleeding the lines is an awful lot easier if you have a buddy.

I've got a pump you can borrow, that can be used for bleeding your brakes. But as mentioned, you'll be better off going with some aftermarket rotors, if you can afford them. BTW, how are both of your tunes feeling? They're going to feel weak in the summer, because of the heat; mine is...damn heatsoak.

I love it, but it has me wanting more. Swaybars are next though, and I still need to dig out that old laptop and do some logs to send to you and have you check and make sure everything still looks good.

THanks for the prompt replies.

As for resurfacing, how can I tell when I'd need to? Money is becoming a bit tight so if it's not really necessary I won't do it. As for replacing anything, I don't have any experience in this field so I'd definitely need some help.

Tune still feels great. Thanks! Does seem a bit slow with this warm air and all, but thats alright. Still easy to pass people :D

If you've never had them resurfaced, then you probably need to. Visually, the entire surface of the rotor should be smooth all the way out to the edge. Mine had quite a bit of buildup on the outside edges. Resurfacing is not expensive at all, cost me 30 bucks for the two and it only takes them about an hour. Replacing rotors (assuming the old ones are still within spec) is not necessary on a stage 1 daily driver. Logan's pump will help a ton, but you're right to want help from someone experienced, brakes are sorta important and all.

Archived