LegacyGT.com

sunroof?

baby-j

I'm never getting a sunroof again. No leaks, but front panel no longer functioning correctly. Over $1k to get the rails replaced.

the front panel on mine jammed with left side shut close and right side open about a month ago. I was quoted $2400 & 6 hours of labor for whole sun roof assembly replacement. Going to fix it myself if I can, but not everyone is willing to or can do same.

For now I had it closed manually..

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

the front panel on mine jammed with left side shut close and right side open about a month ago. I was quoted $2400 & 6 hours of labor for whole sun roof assembly replacement. Going to fix it myself if I can, but not everyone is willing to or can do same.

For now I had it closed manually..

does it leak or have you heard of anyy leaking?

suboperator there is a thread on here somewhere where someone had the same problem you had and they fixed it themselves. didn't cost too much either.

to the OP, what exactly are you hoping to find out? Of course it's possible for the sunroof to leak. don't base whether you are going to get a wagon with a sunroof on the experience of others.

Mine never leaked. but I'm sure someone out there will tell you there's did. If so, what will you decide?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Ive had many cars with sunroofs with no problems> Im more worried about that twin panel design and if it is a bad design thats all! I love a sunroof just need to know what im getting into but thanks for all the help please keep the info coming so i can make a good choice!

I've not had problems (knock on wood). but i also clean my rails and put chain oil on the moving parts.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

does it leak or have you heard of anyy leaking?

nope, it never leaked and it doesn't leak still. Haven't heard of leaking other than on very old cars when drain channels get clogged. But then, some proper maintance should be done on it to prevent stuff like that.

I love the panoramic sunroof on my GT. I still do even though I have to fix it.

suboperator there is a thread on here somewhere where someone had the same problem you had and they fixed it themselves. didn't cost too much either.

Thanks, I'll try to find it. Any links you may have ?

I don't think it's a big issue - the second glass was able to slide back and forward, so hopefully some small part is the cause.

• 3 years later...

I'm also having a similar problem with mine. The little plastic peg that actaully pulls the glass back is bent on one side, and being plastic, isn't likely to go back the way it's supposed to without some kind of fabrication to support it. I haven't prices the rail system itself yet but I hear it's expensive.

Mine doesn't leak though either. No problems if I leave it closed, and I can still pull back the cloth shade to get some good sun into the car. It just won't open currently.

Any link to that thread would be appreciated by me aswell :) . I've been digging around but haven't found it yet.

Archived