LegacyGT.com

anyone using the Legacy iPod Interface Kit??

I was wondering if anyone has been using this iPod kit for their 08 Legacys.

It says does not work with Satellite Radio, does that mean if you have sat radio it wont work at all?

I was also wondering what the deal was with the charging issue. I have the 3GS iPhone and getting the iPhone 4. Any one have any luck with the charging??

Thanks!

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_43&products_id=1479

It wont work if you have satellite radio because you hit the "SAT" button on the audio dial to activate the iPod input. I too have a 3GS and plan to get the iPhone4, but I am not using the OEM integration kit. I'm still using the AUX input which provides for much lesser quality than a true iPod integration or USB input would.

I just ordered one last Thursday. Looking forward to the install. I can't stand having to charge my iPod every 3 days from using the AUX in, and I also hate having to take it out of the glovebox and shut it down, then take it out to start it up. Worth the money to get rid of those pet peeves for me.

I just ordered one last Thursday. Looking forward to the install. I can't stand having to charge my iPod every 3 days from using the AUX in, and I also hate having to take it out of the glovebox and shut it down, then take it out to start it up. Worth the money to get rid of those pet peeves for me.

I did the same thing in my previous vehicle. I kept an iPod in the glove compartment that would automatically charge and be integrated with my navi headunit. Unfortunately Subaru's stupid iPod kit will not charge the latest generation of iPod and iPhone, which leaves me SOL when it comes to charging. I want a way of integrating my iPhone with my headunit that will allow me to also charge my phone. If I don't find one I may just buy the Subaru OEM one and deal with also having a charger plugged into my armrest console like I do now.

I did the same thing in my previous vehicle. I kept an iPod in the glove compartment that would automatically charge and be integrated with my navi headunit. Unfortunately Subaru's stupid iPod kit will not charge the latest generation of iPod and iPhone, which leaves me SOL when it comes to charging. I want a way of integrating my iPhone with my headunit that will allow me to also charge my phone. If I don't find one I may just buy the Subaru OEM one and deal with also having a charger plugged into my armrest console like I do now.

Subaru now sells a 6" adapter cable (part #H621SXA300) that fixes the charging issue. I just purchased it for my wife's Impreza and have verified that it works with the curret gen nano, and should works for iPhones. The cable is a little pricey at like $35, but its about equivalent to ordering a 3rd party charging cable with shipping.

Joe, check the audio section. I think they have some fixes for that.

Actually, if you search for my username for threads I've created, there is one on the iPod interface kit, and I thought I remember in there someone talking about finding something that allowed them to keep their satellite. I can't remember exactly though...

Subaru now sells a 6" adapter cable (part #H621SXA300) that fixes the charging issue. I just purchased it for my wife's Impreza and have verified that it works with the curret gen nano, and should works for iPhones. The cable is a little pricey at like $35, but its about equivalent to ordering a 3rd party charging cable with shipping.

:wub: I'm going to need to look into this now.

Archived