LegacyGT.com

Headlight upgrade

So do I go with a set of Narva XB3's which if you havn't heard of them are as bright as HID's without the blue so they look like daylight more. They also are power efficient so they don't require relays. Or should I go with a powerful 100/80 HID setup and rely on the stock headlight relays. Or get a set of Silverstar's in the brightest variation they got?

get a set of EDM headlights, and maybe a set of hids. WORLD of a difference. just changing the headlights will be a good start.

by putting hids in the stock headlights, all ur gonna do is blind the people in front of u and u wont be able to see anything anyway.

EDM is the euro ones, I believe. I think they're glass or something. Not worth the money if you just clear your plastic ones.

Also I got the brightest Silverstar's they have and they were very nice, especially with the foglights on since you can aim them higher. They have Hella's around the same price and I'm thinking about going with them. I dont know if it was from going offroad or not, but one day I was on the trails and that night the drivers side low beam was gone. I had only had them for about 6 months at that point.

We had a headlight thread going here recently with many ways to clean them if you're looking for the cheap. The glass would be very nice if you can afford them, but most of us cant.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-parts-p-s-im-new-139086.html?t=139086&highlight=headlight

Dont know why the direct link 404's, but you can just copy and paste it into your browser.

Ok, well I ordered up some silvania silverstar's and some 3m headlight restorer, so I'll let you guys know.

I am also trying to find the corner lights for cheap, I see them on ebay for 40 each plus shipping, I guess if I have to then I will get those but it would be nice to find them cheaper.

I think that's what I said ya, truth is all the junkyards got bought out by a company that doesn't let you go in and pull parts instead they pull them so I don't go there anymore. If you could find me a nice set of 90-91 corner lights (I need both sides) then ya I would be more than willing to pay and shipping charges!

Archived