LegacyGT.com

Bandimere

BWD

Anybody planning on going out to race today? The weather out here in A-Town is clearing up a bit. Just got off the phone with them, and the lady said that "As of right now, everything is happening as scheduled."

So, I'm still planning on it........

:D

I've never done this. What's involved in getting the car onto the track?

Basically you show up, pay $30, and get your car tech'd. They make sure that your car will not fall apart going down the track. Everytime I've been up there (driving a WRX, Lifted Chevy Truck, 70 Dodge Challenger) it's been pretty simple. They make sure you have proper seatbelts, battery tie-down's.......etc. There is a whole list of stuff they check off.

Once you are "tech'd" you get to make as many runs as you want from ~4:30PM to ~9.

I usually make a few runs right when I get there......let the car cool down between runs, and wait til the temp drops to make a few more.

Definately a good time, and for $30, you cant go wrong.

Spectators are $10 to get in.

It cleared up pretty good out here, but just talked to my brother who lives downtown. He said there are some nasty looking clouds rolling in over the foothills.....so, to save $30 and a 40 mile drive to Bandimere, I'm not going. I will definately post back on here when I do plan on heading up there. Probably be a few weeks.

raining here in Westminster/Broomfield area. If I were going, I would change my mind and wait for a nicer day so I can hang outside and check out people's cars. Better to save the money for a nicer weather day....maybe we can make it a GTG or something, go for some runs, then some burgers. I will need about 2-3 weeks to get my car dialed in, and then an alignment, then I should be ready to go.

^^I second that. I'd be up for a GTG. I live in the Springs and have yet to get to Bandi with ANY car I've owned.

I just need a little time to get a few things done! AP 1 w/ UP....MAYBE some coil overs....dunno.

I'd be all for a full day in Denver though.....as the last time I was there....well...nevermind.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP!

05/18/2005

Weather is finally supposed to be nice. Time for a little racin!

I am definately going. I'll be on the East side of the staging lanes in the LGT with a few of my other buddies.

Hope some of you guys can make it!

:D

Had a GREAT time last night. 15.3 w/a 2.05 60' at 90mph was the best I could muster. Ran ~6 times, and was a tenth quicker every time. Not to shabby at the elevation, consedering stock GT's are running ~14.3 at sea-level. I think it has a 15flat in it though.

Met a guy named Scott in a mod'd Silver LGT........he ran a best of 14.3. He had an Accessport, 100 octane, and something done to his exhaust. Scott, nice to meet you. How did you launch it on your last run?

Had a GREAT time last night. 15.3 w/a 2.05 60' at 90mph was the best I could muster. Ran ~6 times, and was a tenth quicker every time. Not to shabby at the elevation, consedering stock GT's are running ~14.3 at sea-level. I think it has a 15flat in it though.

Met a guy named Scott in a mod'd Silver LGT........he ran a best of 14.3. He had an Accessport, 100 octane, and something done to his exhaust. Scott, nice to meet you. How did you launch it on your last run?

I'm Scott - definitely had a good time and very nice to meet you as well. And although I appreciate the credit for a 14.3, my best was actually a 14.5 at 96 mph with a 2.107 60 foot. That was with 91 just after I had iced the intercooler earlier in the night.

On my last run, I finally got a respectable 2.064 60 foot but given that it was my 9th run for the night, the car was pretty hot. The 100 octane was probably enough to keep me from detonating but otherwise, I don't think that it did too much for me. I got the 2.064 60 foot by holding her steady at 5,000 rpm and then doing a quick clutch slip. I was tempted to try the clutch side-step that you described but I cringe at the thought of tearing up my daily driver.

Running her hot was worth it for the number of runs that I got though. Now that I know how to get a quick 60 foot, I can more finely hone that technique to see if I can get her into the 1.9's or lower. With the 2.0 second 60 foot and a cool engine, I am certain that she is good for high 13's at around 98 mph. Not too shabby for a drag racing newbee though!

BTW... with less than 1/4 of a tank, she weighed in at 3300 pounds. Full interior unlimited model GT.

Scott, for sure nice meeting you. On my last run I pulled a 2.05 60'. I used almost the same technique as you did.

I told myself that I will NOT sidestep this car. :lol:

I'll go back out after the summer, when its nice and cold out there. I still believe that the car has a flat 15 in it.

On my last run, I ran against that black CRX. When it passed me at about the 330', it sounded like a pissed off hissing snake. It was running a T3/T4 turbo with a BIG shot of Nitrous on it. It ended up running a 12.6. :eek:

Awesome times though.

Archived