LegacyGT.com

Question about legacy gt suspenion tightness.

06wrxlbart

Hey guys I own a 2005 legacy GT and a 2006 evo MR, I sold my 08 sti for that. Anyways I just love how the evo quick handling, steering response is.

I lifted the MR up about 2 weeks ago and I noticed the evo has a underbody brace and a strut tower brace.

Here is my question:

Is there anyway to get my legacy gt to handle like my evo mr ?

Strut bar ?

Springs ? I would like something thats like stock height or only a tiny bit lower

Underbody brace ?

How about steering response ?

Basically im looking to gather up your opinions.

Sure there is. First question, how deep are your pockets ?

I have front and rear AVO braces, they help a bit but not as much as the Skunks rear lower tie bar did on the 92 Civic, that also had a Jackson Racing front upper brace.

The Legacy has pretty good turn in response for what it is, you just need to do the obvious things and remember this is not a EVO.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sure there is. First question, how deep are your pockets ?

I have front and rear AVO braces, they help a bit but not as much as the Skunks rear lower tie bar did on the 92 Civic, that also had a Jackson Racing front upper brace.

The Legacy has pretty good turn in response for what it is, you just need to do the obvious things and remember this is not a EVO.

I understand the legacy is not an evo. But the legacy compared to the evo feels so sloppy when I drive it. I also understand the evo is tuned for more response and around the track, but Im just trying to see if I can get it somehow to feel as tight and firm as the evo.

Nice EVO! Love the white car on black wheels look! :D;)

I would start with new springs and struts on the Leggy. Then add some thicker/stiffer sway bars.

Check that, proper performance tires first. ;)

Then you can go to stiffer bushings in the front Lower Control Arm like something from AVO or Whiteline.

Underbody braces and strut tower braces are the LAST things you'll need to do and are really more of an icing on the top of the cake thing as they play a VERY minor roll in how the suspension feels. Yes, you notice them on your EVO because the stand out and look cool but I GUARANTEE they play a very minor role compared to the springs, struts and sway bars that are on there.

Heck, I remember just adding the JDM OEM rear sway to my wagon made quite a large improvement and it's just a few mm's thicker than what came stock. The Eibach springs, Koni dampers and AVO offset LCA bushings I added last year was like night and day difference! :lol: :lol:

Check out the Rallitek springs and the MSI springs for mild lowering. Definitely upgrade the struts when you do this too.

Cheers!

Please just dont this thread into a which is better and worse etc thread.

Me? Because I asked for pics? Bart, I just wanted to see your Evo and LGT parked next to each other. I believe you have them and want to beef up the LGT because every time you hop in it, it feels like the big, underswayed car that it is after driving a better set up tin can. In for pics of the LGT and EVO parked together if you have any sexy shots of them - if you are just trying to prove it and feel the need to run out to the driveway for a so-so diry car shot, don't: I already believe. I just wanted to see em together thats all... Diggin' the white BTW. What color is the LGT?

So you want a better handling LGT huh? Gotta get that massive bodyweight under control. Bare minimum?

F&R Sway Bar, Eibach/MSI/or Swift Springs, Koni's

No point in tower strut bars - our cars are already rigid in that area as the shock tower mounts are very close to the chassis rail for minimal flex oem.

If this did not do it, continuing to increase bracing and rigidity underneath will help with the afore mentioned bracing but dollar for dollar I would not consider the bracing till after sways and coils/struts+springs.

So what choices do we have for struts ? Koni inserts or Bilstein's from the spec,b right?

What about KYB GR2 ?

I dont have pictures of the EVO with the legacy yet but since you imposed over the weekend ill grab some. Ill have to get my wife to drive the lgt somewhere with me.

Tokiko D-Specs, Aggressively valved Koni inserts, or some revalved bilsteins to match or get close to your EVOs valving. Stiffer springs from RCE or Prova (and it prolly still won't be as stiff as a stock evo). Then the afformentioned parts such as the sways, endlinks etc. If that's still not evo-ish then its time for either the whiteline/avo/cusco catalog of underbody braces and what not.

The evo also has a front LSD that aids in front grip over the LGTs open front diff. Then there's the wider rim/tire issue..............

Come on Luis... one could always get a metal nibler and remove just enough to get 265's under there ;)

& don't forget the RCE tarmac 1 coilovers!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Come on Luis... one could always get a metal nibler and remove just enough to get 265's under there ;)

& don't forget the RCE tarmac 1 coilovers!

I was going to put that but I thought we were sticking with strut/spring combos :redface: But yeah RCE Tarmac 1s ....nuff said.

• 4 weeks later...

So im bringing the thread back from the dead. I did a little reading here and it seems if I wanted a decent strut/spring I should go with koni inserts + pink springs.

Im looking for better handling and not a harsher ride. I hate how the stock suspension is not able to handle pot holes.

Archived