LegacyGT.com

walker exhaust problem

sup guys just a warning. I order a complete exhaust pipe system for my 93 legacy from walker since i wanted to keep the oem sound to it. The main y pipe with the converter from walker does not cover the complete machinery of the engine block. They leak out by the flanges. i have tryed to different pipes from walker and have the same problem. Any suggest.... on another good but quiet manuf.. exhaust company. thanks

Just an FYI, unless you live in Japan, the 1993 Legacy isn't a second generation, its a first generation. If you live in the United States, the 1993 is actually a first generation. The only reason I mention it is because you're kinda posting the questions about the 1993 in the wrong forum. It doesn't really matter, since they both have a lot of similar parts and they're both built the same, but the first gen Legacy forum is getting kinda lonely. :(

Do you have pics of what you're talking about? The way I read your post it sounds like the manifold flanges are leaking. What do you mean by "Complete Machinery?" If the exhaust manifold flanges are leaking, make sure you're using new gaskets. You can't reuse old exhaust manifold gaskets. They'll leak every time. Once the bolts have been tightened and the gasket has been compressed, you must replace the gasket as soon as you take the bolts out again.

Archived