LegacyGT.com

Whiteline FSB with Kartboy Solid Endlinks Install Question

shadowsports

Hi Everyone,

Am close to purchasing F & R sways and endlinks. I'm going with Whiteline Blades and Kartboy solid endlinks.

I noticed that kartboy offers and recommends a spacer kit when installing their endlinks on the front suspension with a Whiteline bar, yet I have not seen these for sale (except on kartboy's site). Here is a picture (from Tom at Kartboy) on their recommended use. I saw them mentioned here, but the thread was about 2 years old. I know that design changes are always being made. Anyone else here using these (spacers)? I have an '08 with stock suspension.

Thanks

whiteline-spacers.jpg.ba541aa0b4f6cea56501a2e53c32e7e4.jpg

PastedGraphic-1.JPG.3ce18a310c4acb3084e20da0f87acaf0.JPG

My Perrins came with extra washers for use on a WRX.

I also believe you have the conicoil washers backwards and is that the lock washer between the conicol and the spacer?

Think of how the bar has to move and pivot. I think the conicol angle faces the end link. I'll have to look at mine later.

http://perrinperformance.com/products/show/260/Endlinks-Front-?category=8&model=10

Left click and the instruction sheet

http://perrinperformance.com/products/show/260/Endlinks-Front-?category=8&model=10

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Greeting..

One of these pics is from the kartboy website. The second is an example from Tom at kartboy showing how the spacers could be used. I don't have any idea what kind of car this picture was taken from. I traded several emails with him yesterday - he was extremely helpful. He told me that all installations are different, even when its the same model car. His said this was due to variances between cars and between manufacturing (bars). Some cars will not need spacers, others will and some might only need one on the upper or lower endlink connection depending. I gathered that things like vehicle height, and other installed suspension components, etc. could affect this. After talking with him, I'm pretty confident I will have little or no problem figuring it out once I get everything mounted up and am ready to connect.

Archived