LegacyGT.com

stuck in park

hello everybody!

i finally got the money 2gether 2 buy the rear diff i recently found. i was pretty excited. (still am). i go 2 move my 91 legacy wagon 2 a cheaper mechanic & it's stuck in park. i'm hoping it's not the transmission & the fluid IS topped up. the stick won't budge. i don't think the neutral over ride button works either. it doesn't seem 2. does any1 have any idea what this could b. i've had a lot of bad luck w/this car but thought i saw light @ the end of the tunnel. i'm so close 2 it being on the road. thanx.

Man. No clue. If the override isn't even working that's a bit weird.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong guys, but did you do any work on it recently? Because there should be a shifter cable running between the shifter and transmission side and if it got twisted, cut or bent...something between there it could lock in the shifter in place. Just throwing ideas out. I know this happened to a friend not too long ago, but it may not be even partially relevant to your issue :/

Also I found this:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/286841-transmission-shifter-locked-park-quick-fix.html

Hope this helps.

hey! thanks 4 the advice but...

it must have been a strange jam i guess. i went back yesterday & took 1 of the tires off 2 pump it up & when i started her it shifted fine. she runs great & i drove it down the street. the rear diff started grinding a bit so i had caa tow it the rest of the way. it's @ the mechanics & my buddy is picking up the diff @ the wreckers later this week, possibly 2day. this is the first time in a long time i've felt really good about that car. should have it safetyed by next week. it shouldn't b a problem e-testing it. i'm gonna burn a tank w/guaranteed 2 pass in it & do some visiting out of town. it will b nice 2 b done so i can scrap the honda. she treated me pretty good but is really beat up & needs a lot of work herself. keeping my fingers crossed though.

Archived