LegacyGT.com

trunk lid won't open - dealer is no help

When using either the key fob or remote lever to open the trunk, the lid doesn't open enough to keep it unlatched. If I hold the key fob button and lift the lid, it will open. Been doing it since I bought the car in October of 2009.

Here's the specs:

2007 LGT sedan

Spoiler on the lid

Black lid springs

I was at the dealer and asked them to take a look. They said they didn't have a solution for the 2007. They said the 2005 model had a heavy duty spring option, but they didn't know if it would work on the 2007 (no 2007 part number).

I've lubed the latch, but that hasn't helped. I've seen posts with people talking about this issue and stronger springs that can be installed. Nothing specific about 2007 or other years.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks much,

Eville Rich

Maybe needs a new pop-solenoid? or however it works back there, i haven't really investigated it. On my '09 I installed the factory spoiler myself and it came with set of springs (I can only assume they were stronger). I just kept the original springs on it and they worked just fine so I figured why change it. So, all in all, no help to you I'm sure.

I've been having the same problem with my 06. When I pop the trunk I have to use the remote and stand directly behind the trunk so that I can lift it in time. I think the springs need replaced.

Is there a chance the spoiler was added? The torsion bars are different for models with and without a spoiler. If someone just bolted on a spoiler it would be enough weight to do what you're describing.

Archived