LegacyGT.com

07 Wagon Rear Seatbelt Question

Hey all

ok...I've looked around a bit, and have had some difficulty spotting info, so I'll go ahead and ask...:

I just picked up a used 07 wagon limited. I went to take 5 people out for dinner last saturday, only to discover there was no middle seat belt. In its place is the starting point for one, but it appears that the section that goes from the roof (or seatback) down to the seat is missing.

Is the 5th seatbelt actually an option piece, or was I shorted when I bought the car?

Can I possibly get some info from you wagon boys ('n girls...)?

any help would be great.

school me please...

I don't believe the seat belt is an option piece, I'm pretty sure if there is a seat in the car it is required to have a seat belt for safety issues. I have a 05 GT Wagon Limited and my belt runs from the roof to the seat, like I would assume yours should. It doesn't make sense that someone would remove a seat belt though?

Where did you pick up the car?

I picked it up in Chicago, from a dealer no less. I think I may call Subaru USA, to see about all of this. Not real sure if i'll call the dealer, because I'm a little pissed now about all of this. There was an aftermarket grille on the car, with the original supposed to be included. It was there, then when I had a dog guard installed, they took it out. I didn't check...and drove back to Toronto. Happy, I was...

So I think I'll contact Subaru USA...

That maybe a good idea, I feel like a dealer shouldn't be able to sell a car that doesn't meet US safety standards. Missing a seat belt I believe would qualify for not meeting safety standards. Although I am just talking out my A#$ right now I don't really know. I am just stating what seems to be logical to me.

Just a second thought you may want to check with the dealership to make sure the didn't do something with that seatbelt to install the Dog Guard. (I am assuming you got one that prevents a dog from going into the back seat)

That maybe a good idea, I feel like a dealer shouldn't be able to sell a car that doesn't meet US safety standards. Missing a seat belt I believe would qualify for not meeting safety standards. Although I am just talking out my A#$ right now I don't really know. I am just stating what seems to be logical to me.

Just a second thought you may want to check with the dealership to make sure the didn't do something with that seatbelt to install the Dog Guard. (I am assuming you got one that prevents a dog from going into the back seat)

I installed the Dog Guard without messing with the seatbelts. The dealer owes you a seatbelt, regardless of whether they removed it or not.

The middle seat belt in the wagon retracts up into the roof and can be tough to find. There are two receiver clips in the passenger seat. Pull the belt out of the roof, clip the smaller clip into the receiver closer to the passenger side and then operate normally. The dog guard should have a section that tilts back toward the back of the car so that the belt is not blocked by the guard.

god....

ok. went out. had a real look. there it is. right there. right were I shoulda looked. sigh...

ok

this place. is like a secret fraternity, right? like the loyal order of water-buffalos on the flintstones...right? like vegas...right? what happens at lgt...stays at lgt?

u're not gonna go and tell my wife about my stupidity- are you?

or the guys at work.....please- not the guys at work....

thanks. sorry for the trouble...

I didn't really look that hard. listened to the know-it-all teens, and just did a quick scan. missed it behind the dog guard. jesus. I now know what "humbled" means.

going to do my own suspension work....install my own stereo....

and I can't find a seatbelt...lord help me.

I'll go away now and be quiet in the corner....

:redface:

Archived