LegacyGT.com

LPG Subaru

ehsnils

Subaru and Italian company BRC are working on construction of a LPG fueled 2.5 liter engine for Subaru with AT gearbox. That according to an article in the printed edition of Swedish Newspaper Dagens Industri.

Currently it's only present in test cars but the manager for Subaru Nordic - Torbjörn Lillrud claims that the probability that it will reach the market is 90 to 95%.

However I suspect that the interest in a LPG version in North America is low.

And finally the GT will come to Europe too! However the price will be high. Priced at about US$48k

453747.png

• 11 months later...
good to see them using the other fueling possibilities. everytime i travel i wonder why we dont have this in the larger metro areas of the us

Because, largely, people are too stupid or too lazy to care what they put in the tank. I've seen the same person put regular fuel in their diesel Golf twice. And I know they aren't just playing around with a gas Golf and a TDI badge, because of the massive face palm that occurs when they complete the sale after pumping 9 gallons of 87 into the tank, followed by pushing the car into the stations garage to drain the tank.

Plus, it removes all functionality of the car. If you required special fuel, you cannot drive anywhere that doesn't have that fuel available.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Because, largely, people are too stupid or too lazy to care what they put in the tank. I've seen the same person put regular fuel in their diesel Golf twice. And I know they aren't just playing around with a gas Golf and a TDI badge, because of the massive face palm that occurs when they complete the sale after pumping 9 gallons of 87 into the tank, followed by pushing the car into the stations garage to drain the tank.

Plus, it removes all functionality of the car. If you required special fuel, you cannot drive anywhere that doesn't have that fuel available.

the circle of life...

doesn't the different colored gas cap remind them? Just because something is difficult doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. Easier access to alternative fueling stations shouldn't be an exception but the rule.

Americans are generally dumb when it comes to resources and the oil companies paint pictures of grand explosions when the idea of using fuel other than Petro in cars.

In short capitalism at its best once the natural gas marketers make a believable campaign to the masses it should take hold.

Archived