LegacyGT.com

Increased power?

Ok ive got a 1997 legacy gt auto, Im looking to get some power increases, without having to go turbo or spend stupid amounts of money. Anyone have any suggestions?

also is there somewhere that sells clear headlight lenses? The stock ones make my HID's look all weird...

any suggestions on which intake to use? Ive been looking around and around here a CAI is gonna cost me like 300-400$ and even to make my own out of metal pipeing is gonna cost about 200-250$...

As far as exhaust will exhaust systems from other cars bolt up to mine? Like certain wrx or sti models?

A CAI you can fab up yourself out of pvc and get it to the right spot for under $40 (most of the cost is for the filter). I might be switching over to a short ram from a supplier made out of metal, but so far I love my intake. As far as exhaust, it beats me. There are some guys who run catbacks here that are great, I'd wait for them to chime in; I'm looking for an exhaust system too hahah.

A CAI you can fab up yourself out of pvc and get it to the right spot for under $40 (most of the cost is for the filter). I might be switching over to a short ram from a supplier made out of metal, but so far I love my intake. As far as exhaust, it beats me. There are some guys who run catbacks here that are great, I'd wait for them to chime in; I'm looking for an exhaust system too hahah.

pvc intake.. ghettto lol:p

thread ninja...and least they're giving me ideas.. :rolleyes:

haha u got me on that

in all honesty tho, cold air intake, and other bolt ons will basicly give you no hp gain. (on a n/a motor)

I would look at your local junkyard for a turbo subi engine, probly can get somthing for a decent price.

Cosmo racing intake $169 shipped short ram one is cheaper and as for exhaust i had mine custom made

Just got mine from cosmo today (and the RSB):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jimm3h/_MG_5655.jpg

haha u got me on that

in all honesty tho, cold air intake, and other bolt ons will basicly give you no hp gain. (on a n/a motor)

I would look at your local junkyard for a turbo subi engine, probly can get somthing for a decent price.

heh...theres like no turbo'd subies around here..Not legacy's anyways. And im not into the whole wrx or sti swaps. I'd sooner do a ej20t or something similar. Im not looking for a whole lot of HP gain, just something a little noticeable. But it is an auto, so i probably wont to an exhaust since they sound funny shifting :S

full msd ignition and a standalone megasquirt, maybe a little bit bigger exhaust. thats all youll need to literally get the most out of your engine w/o spending loads of money, however, a megasquirt will run you a good 600 bucks. but if you know what youre doing or have a freind that does, you could squeez an extra 30-50hp out of your stock engine.

Archived