LegacyGT.com

Wagon owners: possible to fit 3 bikes in the back?

Hey, I'm heading out on a mountain bike trip with 2 buddies and am wondering if we can fit our 3 bikes in the back of my LGT wagon, leaving the rear seat partially up for the 3rd passenger. Anybody try this before, and is it possible?

Thanks!

Brock

How much can you take the bikes apart ? I put mine on the Thule roof rack, next to the ski box.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How much can you take the bikes apart ? I put mine on the Thule roof rack, next to the ski box.

thanks for your reply, yeah, i wanted to avoid buying a roof-mounted bike carrier b/c i rarely go on MTB trips and it doesn't seem worth it. I'd remove the front wheels and the seats, but that's all i'd be looking to do.

You'd have to take front and rear wheels off and stack the frames and wheels real close with cardboard or a blanket in between. And don't be the guy stuck in back with all the bike stuff about to smother him. Doable but a very tight fit.

Archived