LegacyGT.com

mode racing sts/kartboy bushings

prodrifterx

ive seen little use/info on the MODE Racing DA STS assembly, have seen that its supposedly that same design and made at same facility that cobb had been produced at...are many using the MODE Racing STS? also can a full bushing kit by kartboy be used with the mode sts?

mode sts

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/mode-racing-subaru-legacy-forester-wrx-short-shifter-p-4235.html

kartboy bushing kit

http://www.tougetuning.com/store/tic-5mt-holy-shift-set-wide-p-447.html?cPath=80_83_101_185

i would think they could be used together, but figure i would double check.

• Moderators

I purchased the Mode STS and returned it.

The set screws that held the shifter were not adequate. You have to tighten all three or else all the parts slip. I think that the two on each end should hold the pieces securely, and the middle screw should provide ADDITIONAL support, not NECESSARY support.

It also would not fit in my '09.

Yes I cut the metal plate to allow the linkage to fit.

Yes I cut the foam and rubber surrounding the shifter so that it could move freely.

The problem was in the size of the adjusting parts and the fact that it rubbed against that back of the shifter housing when in second gear. I repeatedly adjusted the shifter to try to get it to fit but it would not. Needless to say the part came right back out and was returned :(

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, I would just get the KartBoy as I don't think the "adjustability" is worth the trouble. You may have better luck with your '07 though.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

I didn't have it in any other cars, I bought it specifically for my 09 GT. I just assume it has to fit better in other years since there is a number of people that are using the Cobb shifter.

I wanted the double adjustable capability too. I wanted to be able to have a short throw and a really stubby shifter. I was trying to get as close to the shifter on early 90s Miatas, which is still the best shifter I've used to date...just a flick of the wrist to change gears.

In the end I wasn't happy with the adjustment hardware, and beyond that it rubbed the housing no matter how I adjusted it. Like I said tho', there are definitely people out there using the cobb shifter (and supposedly the Mode shifter is exactly the same thing).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived