LegacyGT.com

Front jack location

• 1 year later...
Sorry for dragging this thread from the dead but I can't see the point you indicated on the attached photos. Is it safe to jack from the area indicated on this picture? Thanks.

-Mike

I don't use that transmission mount to pick the car up. I use the frame rails or inner LCA mount points.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I keep forgetting where it is on our cars so I'm sure I look like a fool trying to lay on the ground and find out where it is. Once I found the front jack point, for the first few pumps, I have to hit the bumper a good bit to build pressure in the jack. Did an oil change on my car and the girlfriend's '03 Impreza Outback this weekend and it's so much easier to find on the OB, which isn't very far behind the bumper, plus there is no plastic cover on the OB to try and conceal it.

So, I think us 2.5i guys have a little different set up than you Turbos. Please indicate whether I should be using the point in photo 1 or 2 to lift the front of my rig??? Oil pan is in front of photo 1 (below in pic) and front diff is behind photo 2 (above in pic)... Already tried point 2 with a slight deformation :mad:

1332341145_JackPoint2.jpg.ed2d4db744374262b15a8c8ca8ae033f.jpg

529551448_JackPoint1.jpg.98f49df952315a3a3134976e6b6f6e02.jpg

• 5 years later...

Archived