LegacyGT.com

Clunks, chunks, rattles, noises!!

Here's something I posted earlier today.

I would have the end links changed first. My noise went away when I replaced them myself. Just like my "local trusted mechanic said", he's an independent shop owner that has been there since the early 80's.

Stop going to the chain places that alway's give you the corporate line.

Ask the people you work with who they like for a local mechanic. My family has been using this guy since the early 80's.

Another way to fine a good shop is drive by the shop on a Sunday night and notice how many cars are there waiting for service on Monday. My guy's shop only has one or two cars there for most of the weekend. Drive by on Sunday night and the place is full.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My wife and I found out salvaged 03 jetta gli today, all fixed up. It made us really miss the VW.

We drove a couple of new VWs today and they felt SO much more solid than any Subaru I have driven. Looking at trading for a new golf tdi now.

The Subaru is fun to drive but I just like the feel of the VW so much more.

My wife and I found out salvaged 03 jetta gli today, all fixed up. It made us really miss the VW.

We drove a couple of new VWs today and they felt SO much more solid than any Subaru I have driven. Looking at trading for a new golf tdi now.

The Subaru is fun to drive but I just like the feel of the VW so much more.

That's because they feel solid, they feel like they have a soul, they are a true driver's car. The fact that VW confirmed a Gold R for the US means there's a solid SpecB replacement for me. It's going to be an S3 badged as a Golf. It will get the 260-280HP turbo 4 and a modified AWD system capable of sending 100% of torque to the rear. I'm going to need to drive one when it gets here.

That's because they feel solid, they feel like they have a soul, they are a true driver's car. The fact that VW confirmed a Gold R for the US means there's a solid SpecB replacement for me. It's going to be an S3 badged as a Golf. It will get the 260-280HP turbo 4 and a modified AWD system capable of sending 100% of torque to the rear. I'm going to need to drive one when it gets here.

I need to look into that! lol

I drove a new GTI and didn't really like the engine actually. Too buzzy sounding for me, I don't like gas I4's. Loved our old VR6. The TDI is surprisingly nice, and my wife is pacing 20k miles/year at her job right now, doubling the fuel mileage wouldn't be a bad thing. It doesn't get up like the LGT, and it sure isn't AWD but the quality just feels so much better. It's going to be a tough call.

As much as I love manual transmissions, the DSG does a decent job with the TDI as well. I have only found one manual TDI golf within 500 miles so far. I drove a Jetta TDI manual today to try the manual but the Jetta handled like a boat in comparison to the Golf, and our lowered 03 Jetta.

Archived