LegacyGT.com

Who has done custom TV?

Blackrose

and when are you spending that much time in your car that you need a TV up front? i can see for the passengers in back.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

gotcha.....I'll shut up then:lol: I'll just be over here if you need me......

Its not to watch programs. Its to run programs.

Looking to run magden M1 gauges.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I bought a lilliput 7" screen and just turned the stand backwards and pitched it up then "hung" it in the cubby that way. The weight of the screen made it pretty solid.

On an impulse buying rampage I picked up a custom bezel with an older xenarc 7" mounted in it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/carpc-parts-touchscreen-monitor-bezel-131401.html?t=131401

So now I have two screens. Gonna build a mount off the back of the armrest for my rear seat passengers (zone 2 video via Centrafuse front-end).

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

That was a sweet setup. How was that screen in the sun light?

I bought a lilliput 7" screen and just turned the stand backwards and pitched it up then "hung" it in the cubby that way. The weight of the screen made it pretty solid.

On an impulse buying rampage I picked up a custom bezel with an older xenarc 7" mounted in it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/carpc-parts-touchscreen-monitor-bezel-131401.html?t=131401

So now I have two screens. Gonna build a mount off the back of the armrest for my rear seat passengers (zone 2 video via Centrafuse front-end).

Sunlight? Not great. My rationale on the first screen was to try it out and see if I wanted to commit to the carpc thing in the first place. The plan was to later replace it with a transflective screen.

That being said, the LED backlit liliput was still usable during the day. It just didn't look very good.

I am anticipating the one I bought will be worse on account that I didn't factor in the age. The model number of those units didn't change with generations so my "reasearch" on the unit turned up figures for the current model.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Ive done it, it requires a lot of cutting of the bezel to make it fit. I am still not anywhere near satisfied with mine. Depth of the unit is important for trying to make it fit in the upper area, there is a large beam behind the din that makes it harder to fit larger units.

Yeah I've done them before. I just wanted to see what other people did before I took on the task. If the beam is too much of a hastle I'll just cut it and change the way things are supported inside. Thanks far all the info everyone.

Archived