LegacyGT.com

5EAT in wrong gear

coldmm803

Hi guys. I've had my 09 LGT for 6 months and when it is in automatic mode (any SI drive mode...I think it still happens in S#), I feel like it is not in the right gear. If I am driving on a straight flat road at 35mph but feel like I have no power so I change over to sportshift it shows that i'm in 5th gear. I experience this quite often and it is obvious when you are only going 35mph and are under 2k rpm...closer to 1300rpm.

Am I the only one experiencing this or is this "normal"

The car manual shows a recommended shift speed from 4th to 5th of 45mph under the 5 speed manual section. I would expect the shift points to be close to the same for the manual transmission and auto. Personally, I wouldn't shift into 5th under 50-55mph

This is an unfortunate trait of the 5EAT. Mine will go into 5th @ 30 mph at times. Exactly why it is in "sport" or "manumatic" mode 95% of the time I drive. :rolleyes:

Yep, I'm only ever in "d" on the highway cruising.

Thanks for the responses guys, good to know i'm not alone.

Is there a way to adjust the shift points?

Nope, but one guy is working on cracking the transmission computer. That may or may not turn results, as it is in progress. Other than that, get use to down-shifting when you want to move out of your own way.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

The 5EAT goes into high gears quickly to save gas. Switching to S# will cause the transmission to hold longer in a lower gear, but it will still upshift after a few seconds of travelling at constant speed.

Ahhhh ... 5th gear at 12mph. My #1 complain about this tranny.

My #1 complaint would be the huge window between gears (stock vb).

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I feel like I'm hurting my car when I accelerate slowly on the highway... i always have to punch the button down twice to get it into gear for me. The other thing, I wish it would stay in the manual mode longer than it does (without forcing it there permanently).

Archived