LegacyGT.com

First Learning View session, scary result?

zBird-Dog

Well, it could be from needing new spark plugs or getting your injectors cleaned. All of your knock events are happening at WOT, so you could take it easy in those ranges. But the knock isn't extraordinary either.

Who will be doing your tune? Road tune, dyno tune, or e-tune?

That is still up in the air, I will be moving to Eugene, OR in about a month so I am waiting until after I move (elevation change). I was thinking about going with infamous, there is supposedly a local tuner but it is hard to trust someone without recommendations.

So either a road tune or e-tune.

That is still up in the air, I will be moving to Eugene, OR in about a month so I am waiting until after I move (elevation change). I was thinking about going with infamous, there is supposedly a local tuner but it is hard to trust someone without recommendations.

So either a road tune or e-tune.

May I suggest Logan...he's been doing some local road tuning here and is just getting started with e-tunes. We did some e-tune testing on my car and I have been very impressed. He places a huge emphasis on making the tunes safe and smooth, and he offers more revisions than anyone else. He's on this forum...311logan311.

Plus, he's very focused on making his customers happy. He responds to emails quickly and has a lot of time on his hands to work on tunes. He was even able to fix a problem with my custom tune that nobody else could. He's going to get a vendor status on the boards here really soon (once his website is finished).

http://www.scoobytuning.com/

Sounds like getting an e-tune from Logan may be a real possibility as well. Do you have any ideas as to why my numbers would be so high in the a/f ratio Logan? Bad o2 sensor, horribly dirty air filter, and malfunctioning MAF are all I can think of. How can I test the first and the latter?

Not to get too far off topic but are you generally able to do revisions on tunes the same day they are sent? Have you done many e-tunes? Would this learning view be ok to even start tuning with? I will be replacing the uppipe with a catless and the DP with a 3" HFC pipe, most likely connecting to the stock CBE.

Feel free to send me a pm if you don't want to discuss in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I replaced spark plugs and the air filter that I found dirty.

My new learning view screenshot is better now. I'm not sure exactly why it is better, is it the spark plugs (the old ones gaps were still good) or the reset of ecu?

The car has no mod.

2046983279_LearningView_SS_2010-07-27003427.jpg.1b50777df132a27f7110a8679e6cb486.jpg

I replaced the air filter and spark plugs and my LV went to perfect as well. Could have something to do with the ECU reset but I gave it a solid week and then checked it. Looks good, now I'm just waiting for the move to a lower elevation before the tune!

Archived