LegacyGT.com

w00t!!11! Teh DM broke into teh 13s!!!!11one

Drift Monkey

Be really careful on a super-sticky track. It's a good way to leave tranny parts everywhere if you do hook up.

Overprepped track + AWD = very bad

Actually I was warned that it would be very sticky, hence the reason I overfilled. Lots of people had horrible times that night, including muscle car guys due to the track. I just happened to hit the traction sweet spot...;)

'Scuse my ignorance: Doesn't one usually drop tire pressure when at the strip instead of increasing it for better traction? Please explain...

Oh yeah and nice run DM!

You want to spin a little...so you overfill...a little wheel spin to keeps the engine reving freely...:cool:

One of the magazines did a test on street radials and found better traction with higher pressures than with lower (20 or less). It had something to do with the tread being designed to work while inflated.

One of the magazines did a test on street radials and found better traction with higher pressures than with lower (20 or less). It had something to do with the tread being designed to work while inflated.

Yeah, on one of my previous cars (heavy FWD automatic with small V8), a bit of wheels spin was absolutely necessary to get a decent 2.0-2.1 60'. I would usually be in the 45-50 psi range, but went higher when the track was sticky.

I'll be taking mine out to the strip in a few weeks for a T-N-T outing, so the higher tire pressures sound like it could be a plan. The new summer wheels/tires will be on a day or two before (Rotas with Exaltos), so the tires will probably still be a bit "greasy" anyway.

Ron

Archived