LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 2008 Suby Legacy GT- Some beginner ideas to sup it up

No need for the altitude my man. I'm 18 years old and don't have a job till summer starts. I'm sorry I can't just go out a week after I bought my car and go out and buy some rims. To me and everybody who has seen it so far has told me it looks better then how it was stock so I think I'll keep them for the time being until summer starts and I have money to throw away for rims, until then I guess "I'll be screaming out that I'm poor"

I agree with drift motion. Its not really my taste, but its your car and the important thing is that it looks good to you.

A little over $1k gets you brand new wheels and tires from Discount Tire or Tire Barn. Or you can keep an eye on the classified section here or over on NASIOC and pick up slightly used wheels and tires for $500. Aftermarket looks way better and it can be affordable.

With that said, I can appreciate a DIY job. Nothing makes you feel more accomplished than installing or building something yourself. So props on taking this project on and doing what you want to your car.

It's cool; I'm with the band

i got my leggy when i was 17, i also did visual mods like you. i have the same color dgm. when i first got it i painted the rims bronze and caliper red, now the calipers are black and rims gray.

how does the car handle/feel to you, if you think it feels good and you can handle it and push it to your limits you want then you can get it tuned for more powaa for about $300 opensource etuned. if you dont like the way the car brakes then upgrade the brake pads, if the car doesnt cornor nice (body roll) then get some sways before power mods. be satisfied with how the car handles first before messing with power because you will still be unhappy with how the car handles

i came from a jag and it was by far a sports car, it was all soft and laggy. the lgt suspension feels good and the brakes were good stock (for me). i decided to go stage 1 tuned. im still fine with the stock suspension/sways, but now i want to upgrade the brakes before sways. i can push the car to my comfortable limits (tire limits for me) and be fine at my limits.

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Yeah man I'm gonna be replacing my brakes soon. Not really sure what kind yet but with the stage 1 tune do you feel that much difference in your car's performance? Any idea how much whp or hp you got your car with the tune, just curious cuz I'm thinking of doing stage 1 after I get a pair of rims of course :)

Yeah man I'm gonna be replacing my brakes soon. Not really sure what kind yet but with the stage 1 tune do you feel that much difference in your car's performance? Any idea how much whp or hp you got your car with the tune, just curious cuz I'm thinking of doing stage 1 after I get a pair of rims of course :)

i felt a difference, it was a big difference for me but i came from slower cars. the power is more smooth and you get more power down low. you start building boost around 2300 and its all fun around 4k.

theres different routes for tuning: cheapest is getting a cable ($150) and learn how to tune it yourself. another route $150 for cable + ~$150 for etune (recommend infamous1 on this board). last you can get a cobb accessport $675 new iirc and you can get them used as little as $400 if your lucky. Cobb is good if you use all the features but its the most expensive. I went cobb because is the easiest and i would have been tuned 3x already (gas reasons)

if you dont have warranty to worry about i would gut one of the cats and go stage II, night and day difference between stage I and stage II

no real hp numbers for stage I and II but stage I is around +25/35hp max (dont remember) depends on route you go, im gonna get trashed for throwing out hp numbers i know it

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I think it looks great. I'm 30 and can't afford to run out and buy a new set of rims at $1000. Bu then I have different priorities for my money. Clean job on the painting... Not sure I like the green calipers and lights, but it stills looks good.

"And to some, buying a Subaru and adding aftermarket parts to add power screams "I can't afford an expensive sports car", obviously not to anyone on this forum... But cmon guys...."

Gee, really? If I could buy a Lambo or Porsche with my spare change, don't 'cha think I would? IMHO, a nicely done "tweaked" Leggy is a head turner. Granted, it won't turn the same % of heads as a hot blonde in a drop top Aston Martin Volante.

• 2 weeks later...

subylegacysavedmylife...

I totally understand where your coming from. I also just recently bought a lgt and am strapped for cash. While I would love to mod, Im sticking to the free/cheap mods right now.

We dont all have cash falling out of our pockets...

Archived