LegacyGT.com

Sold the LGT

Jon g.

So i sold my 06 LGT LTD, and am now in a search for a sti, and im sorry if this isnt where i should be posting, since it's a pre-purchase thread to legacys, butttt....

Just wondering if anyone knows if a 05 STi, with 127k miles has any life left.

I know subarus are known to run forever but i dont know that about turbos, and the Sti.

As of now the car runs good and seems to have no major problems, but just wondering how long that will last.

I'm hoping it has atleast 50k left in it before i plan to replace the motor, but does anyone know if thats realistic?

appreciate any help

Have you gone over to nasioc and checked the local for sale threads there?

I bet you could find one with less than 120k miles for the same price and know that it was maintained by a fellow subie enthusiast, not just some 20 year old kid that heard STi's were fast and bought one.

It's cool; I'm with the band

know that it was maintained by a fellow subie enthusiast, not just some 20 year old kid that heard STi's were fast and bought one.

I am sorry, are we talking about the same forum? :lol: You did say NASIOC, right?

A stack of receipts is nice to have, but guarantees or promises nothing.

I stand corrected. I spend most of my NASIOC time on the local subie thread and we all take good care of ours. So my idea of NASIOC is probably a little skewed because its the 15 or so of us that do tasteful things and aren't ignorant idiots for the most part.

If you're willing to travel to Indiana, there's an 06 STi at the local subie dealership with about 60k miles that's going for around $22k. Only mods are SPT intake and exhaust.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I don't beleive that anyone could drive an STi for 120k+ miles and not mod it. Maybe they took the mods off, but I doubt its been stock for its entire life.

+1.

Some mods are just too easy to do and remove.

Archived