LegacyGT.com

2.5GT tweed...my comments

WRXTom

I was one of those who were a bit frustrated that all the initial comments on the seats were based on GT Limiteds (leather) since the press cars and those that landed on the lots did not include GTs. I have been driving a '05 GT wagon for about a week with about 1300 kms on the odo. Seat Fabric - grippy, comfortable, and looks indestructable. Initially, the brownish color that is part of the weave struck me as a bit of an odd choice but now I think it is just fine. Before taking delivery I had thought I might want to do an aftermarket upgrade to leather...not any more. Bolsters - excellent. As supportive as the WRX but more comfortable. Lumbar support - excellent. There is a manual lumbar adjustment so you can dial-in the support. I found it very comfortable on a recent long trip. Tom

[quote name='brady_bunch']Just don't put Armor All on them, Dr. Z! :lol:[/quote] I tell you what, You only armorall your pedals and steering wheel ONCE before you know exactly what should be and shouldn't be armorall-ed :lol::lol::lol: I was young.. I had no idea, I thought I was just doing a good job! :lol:

[quote name='WRXTom']Hi Dave - I can't do pics tonight but I should be able to take some tomorrow. Tom[/quote] Whew! You just saved me from an aneurysm. :) Tommorrow works fine... or sometime this week. Just itching to see cloth GT seats. :)

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I tell you what, You only armorall your pedals and steering wheel ONCE before you know exactly what should be and shouldn't be armorall-ed :lol::lol::lol: I was young.. I had no idea, I thought I was just doing a good job! :lol:[/quote] Yeah, to add to this...what SHOULD be armorall-ed? Nothing. I hate the stuff.

[quote name='racerdave'] Tommorrow works fine... or sometime this week. Just itching to see cloth GT seats. :)[/quote] Me too!! Now that the GTs are finally starting to show up in quantity at dealers, I will have to drop by the local dealer and take a look at the tweed. It does not look very attractive in the brochure, but the reports are that it looks better in real life.

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']I tell you what, You only armorall your pedals and steering wheel ONCE before you know exactly what should be and shouldn't be armorall-ed :lol::lol::lol: I was young.. I had no idea, I thought I was just doing a good job! :lol:[/quote] Yeah, to add to this...what SHOULD be armorall-ed? Nothing. I hate the stuff.[/quote] To take one from your book: :roll:

• 3 months later...
[quote name='WRXTom']I was one of those who were a bit frustrated that all the initial comments on the seats were based on GT Limiteds (leather) since the press cars and those that landed on the lots did not include GTs. I have been driving a '05 GT wagon for about a week with about 1300 kms on the odo. Seat Fabric - grippy, comfortable, and looks indestructable. Initially, the brownish color that is part of the weave struck me as a bit of an odd choice but now I think it is just fine. Before taking delivery I had thought I might want to do an aftermarket upgrade to leather...not any more. Bolsters - excellent. As supportive as the WRX but more comfortable. Lumbar support - excellent. There is a manual lumbar adjustment so you can dial-in the support. I found it very comfortable on a recent long trip. Tom[/quote] Agree overall but one complaint... I'm 6 feet and I need the front of the seat about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher off the floor. I wish I could have the power seat without the leather and moonroof.

[quote name='WRXTom']I was one of those who were a bit frustrated that all the initial comments on the seats were based on GT Limiteds (leather) since the press cars and those that landed on the lots did not include GTs. I have been driving a '05 GT wagon for about a week with about 1300 kms on the odo. Seat Fabric - grippy, comfortable, and looks indestructable. Initially, the brownish color that is part of the weave struck me as a bit of an odd choice but now I think it is just fine. Before taking delivery I had thought I might want to do an aftermarket upgrade to leather...not any more. Bolsters - excellent. As supportive as the WRX but more comfortable. Lumbar support - excellent. There is a manual lumbar adjustment so you can dial-in the support. I found it very comfortable on a recent long trip. Tom[/quote] I completely agree. I was a big leather seat guy, but couldn't see shelling out an extra $2000 for the LTD since I didn't care for the moonroof. I changed out the cloth in my WRX, and figured if I ever get sick of the cloth in my GT, I can do that too. However, I love the cloth seats! Grippy, comfortable, nice bolstering, and they look great. I don't regret passing up the LTD package one bit.

Let me be the first to say that I am not particularly fond of the seats in my 2.5 GT non-limited. I dislike them for a very specific reason, and that is a complete lack of thigh support. They look great, the cloth fabric is great, the side bolstering and lumbar support is fantastic, but the seat bottom is not angled back enough...it constantly feels like I'm falling forward out of the seat. Practically no other car I have sat in has this problem. Even the power seats in the Limited are ok because the angle of the seat bottom is adjustable, unlike the manual seats. When I bought the car I loved everything else about it so I figured I would get used to the strange seats but I haven't...now my legs tend to cramp up on long trips. Anyone else have this problem, or, better yet, a solution? -Nick

[quote name='Nick']Let me be the first to say that I am not particularly fond of the seats in my 2.5 GT non-limited. I dislike them for a very specific reason, and that is a complete lack of thigh support. They look great, the cloth fabric is great, the side bolstering and lumbar support is fantastic, but the seat bottom is not angled back enough...it constantly feels like I'm falling forward out of the seat. Practically no other car I have sat in has this problem. Even the power seats in the Limited are ok because the angle of the seat bottom is adjustable, unlike the manual seats. When I bought the car I loved everything else about it so I figured I would get used to the strange seats but I haven't...now my legs tend to cramp up on long trips. Anyone else have this problem, or, better yet, a solution? -Nick[/quote] I completely agree and would like a solution to this. I never drove the particular car I ended up with, believe it or not. I drove a Limited and was a little disappointed when I first sat in my car. I've gotten used to it, but I must say my Chrysler T&C Minivan has more supportive and comfortable seats, at least in the seat angle department.

[quote name='Nick']Let me be the first to say that I am not particularly fond of the seats in my 2.5 GT non-limited. I dislike them for a very specific reason, and that is a complete lack of thigh support. They look great, the cloth fabric is great, the side bolstering and lumbar support is fantastic, but the seat bottom is not angled back enough...it constantly feels like I'm falling forward out of the seat. Practically no other car I have sat in has this problem. Even the power seats in the Limited are ok because the angle of the seat bottom is adjustable, unlike the manual seats. When I bought the car I loved everything else about it so I figured I would get used to the strange seats but I haven't...now my legs tend to cramp up on long trips. Anyone else have this problem, or, better yet, a solution? -Nick[/quote] If the bottom cushion is easily removable, take it to an upholstery shop and have it recontoured with more padding towards the front.

[quote name='Nick']. Anyone else have this problem, or, better yet, a solution? -Nick[/quote] My old 1991 Legacy L had this problem. I unbolted the seats, got some long bolts, and proped up the front of the seat with about an inch and a half stack of washers. (tried less, but it wasn't enough). But then that car did not have air bags or air bag sensors in the seat (for that matter it did not have any air bags at all.) I'd be reluctant to try that solution in the GT. My solution was to buy the GT Ltd which has a tilt adjustment on the drivers seat. (but then the non limited was not available anywhere at the time).

Archived