LegacyGT.com

Ran into a civic club last night...

Bassnectar

So I ran into a civic club last night, they were turning onto the highway 6 of them, all hatchbacks and all riced out

my buddies stated i should follow them which i did, and we did get into a little competitive racing,

But we never went over 80km/hr heaven forbids speeding is wrong!!!

but it was for sure street racing i hope t3h forums dont get mad at me!

your right its not safe, it was 2am and it was me + the 6 civics on the street dont worry I wasnt endangering anyone Might as well close the topic then before all these kids get there +1's in

For sure it is totally okay to streetrace and then brag about it on a forum. Nevermind that you are crapping in Tide's forum, you are acting like a douchebag and Dante, maybe you need to GROW UP. You are kid with the -1. Someone close this idiotic thread.

yea every midlife crisis guy is crusing in what they think is the hot car

to be honest i would rather do track racing

but

There closing racecity speedway down

it is the ONLY place in our city to legally race,

and the city is having demolished

so calgary has screwed itself we have a million people and no tracks whatsoever

whats the point of stage 2? is it really necessary to push your car to 50 a tad bit quicker? if your going to do performance modifications to your car, your going to use them and thats hands down.

Its not a reason to make a personal attack MAX

Cruising with my buddies on pretty much the first hot day here, look over see 6 civic hatchbacks riced up pretty hard turning onto the highway so I had to follow them right?

we raced a bit down the highway but the end result was the subie leaving the club in the dust hahahahah

fun night though, a few were turbos and definately beat me off the line till i flipped into 4th and blast a head...

oldppldontunderstand

Carrying my camera in my car next time so my friend can videotape it.

http://journal.sjdm.org/9118/fig1.jpg

I've had at least two jobs where I was heading into work at 2am. And it really would have made my night if some, perhaps slightly intoxicated, group of people were streetracing and lost control and wrecked my car. That would have really been fantastic. But I guess no one works at those times of day, right?

your right its not safe, it was 2am and it was me + the 6 civics on the street dont worry I wasnt endangering anyone Might as well close the topic then before all these kids get there +1's in

+1 IM NOT A KID :eek:

I've never street raced, dragged, anything whatsoever with any car i've driven. I've been to a track once, and I didn't hit anywhere near 100 except 90 on a back straight. I only drive at a local gokart track; if you have a need for speed without a true racetrack, gokarts are the next best thing :cool:

whats the point of stage 2? is it really necessary to push your car to 50 a tad bit quicker? if your going to do performance modifications to your car, your going to use them and thats hands down. Its not a reason to make a personal attack MAX

So what you are saying is that all mods should be illegal because YOU can't control yourself and not post your stupidity? You have done an excellent job of making car modders look like idiots and acting like you are justified because you don't live local to a track anymore.

Personal attack? Your OP was a character assissination against yourself.:lol:

I am not going to waste any more time arguing with someone that is going to justify their behavior no matter how inappropriate without a leg to stand on. Next time read the forum rules and keep your DOUCHEBAGGERY to yourself.

+1 IM NOT A KID :eek:

I've never street raced, dragged, anything whatsoever with any car i've driven. I've been to a track once, and I didn't hit anywhere near 100 except 90 on a back straight. I only drive at a local gokart track; if you have a need for speed without a true racetrack, gokarts are the next best thing :cool:

x2

Couple of kids were killed here in town not long ago. A WRX and a Honda were going at it and a truck pulled out in front of the WRX. Killed both in the truck and the passenger in the WRX. And guess what, it was at 2:45 am.

i feel like whos_that_guy now :rolleyes:

if you read my post i said that calgary screwed itself, and was not justifying it for myself to race, saying my whole city is having a problem as a point. Not for street racing, actually against it I do know its dangerous, i tried to end the threat but you guys arent going to let it go

your right at those speeds it could go bad, a bad pot hole anything could cause you to wreck.

like many people have said close this thread?

whats the point of stage 2? is it really necessary to push your car to 50 a tad bit quicker? if your going to do performance modifications to your car, your going to use them and thats hands down.

Personally I feel with everyone that has modded their car has gone over the speed limit MANY Times. They just don't talk about it which is fair.

But I do agree with the Stage 2. Whats the point of putting that kind of money down just to say "I hit 35 faster then ever today!". But also people track their cars.

Or it's just a personal need. There are so many ways to look at it.

Personally I feel with everyone that has modded their car has gone over the speed limit MANY Times. They just don't talk about it which is fair.

But I do agree with the Stage 2. Whats the point of putting that kind of money down just to say "I hit 35 faster then ever today!". But also people track their cars.

Or it's just a personal need. There are so many ways to look at it.

that is the idea. I could go as fast as I needed to when my car was stock. but how fast you can get to your desired speed is the idea of modifying your car for performance... :)

and I do regularly drive above the speed limit.

But I do agree with the Stage 2. Whats the point of putting that kind of money down just to say "I hit 35 faster then ever today!".

Apparently you have never driven in Los Angeles traffic!:lol: A fast 1/8 mile car is hot when you need to merge you can:p

OP - now is the time to say "I'm sorry I act like a douchebag and I won't post about it again to avoid public embarassment and respect Tide's site and legal obligations".

If you don't have something nice to say help to be given then DON'T post in the 2nd gen forums. You don't see people with 2nd gens going and bashing on you in the 4th gen section. It's called respect!

Ya cool he "raced" someone and it was stupid but you don't have to be rude. This crap is getting old. Grow up!

It's not about bashing, it's about common sense and the forum rules.

"Also, talk about illegal street racing is forbidden. Not only is this illegal..... but very dangerous and the majority of members on here will not tolerate it.

A message from the site owner:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tide

Starting August 10th 2005, we'll no longer allow kill stories on LegacyGT.com that do not occur either on a racetrack or dragstrip. Street racing is illegal and posting such stories on the board not only can get me in trouble, but can be used against the poster in a court of law."

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/attn-new-members-look-here-first-67940.html

If you don't have something nice to say help to be given then DON'T post in the 2nd gen forums. You don't see people with 2nd gens going and bashing on you in the 4th gen section. It's called respect!

Bro I have no ill feelings for 2nd gen guys or 3rd gen guys (or even 5th gen guys with their Biggest Loser Reject looking G35 Camrys:lol:).

I absolutely invite you to come in on any 4th gen thread where I am openly endorsing dangerous or illegal behavior and bash me.:redface: Seriously.

Anyway, to anyone that thinks I HATE/AM MAD AT/WANT TO BEAT UP/insert other random drama here: OP PM'd me and he has come to the conclusion that posting "kill" stories is indeed foolish and we should keep our bad public behavior to ourselves - particularly if we want to be able to continue bad behavior and not get into trouble;)

Lets remember that the difference between a kid and an adult is not that adults magically stop doing bad things; we just get better at hiding it.

I understand everything LosAngelesLGT and Ssej are saying. Yes street racing is illegal. I'm just saying don't bash on him. He is young, most of us 2nd gen owners are, we do stupid things and this is one of them. If someone would just of posted this link in the very beginning everything wouldn't blow up.

Archived